Morning Sickness

Options
5n0wbal1
5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
We all know morning sickness is nasty stuff. With my first pregnancy, I ended up having it so bad, I lost five pounds during my first trimester. The only solution I found was ginger tea. I would drink a cup each morning before I ate anything and it would keep me from throwing up. However, if I didn't drink it and I got sick, the ginger tea wouldn't fix it; I had to use it as a preventative. I use Traditional Medicinals brand and order it from Amazon. You can also make your own by brewing about 2 tsp of fresh ginger root for about 15 minutes in 8 ounces of water. I like sweetening with a little honey, and sometimes like a little lemon juice with it.

What do you guys use to combat morning sickness?

Replies

• amoods05
    amoods05 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I kept crackers or pretzels by my bed and had a few before I got up. If I felt nauseous during the day, cold fruit like apples always helped!
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I find that first thing in the morning I have a cold or warm glass of water with fresh lemon juice in it. It subsides the morning sickness just long enough for me to get oatmeal in there.

I will also be testing the "jolly Rancher candy" theory this week to see if that works.
  • jdehart48
    jdehart48 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The only thing that helped me some days was eating a little bit of something every hour