I need a no churn ice cream recipe

Options
Emily3907
Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
I keep seeing all kinds of low carb ice creams, but I do not have an ice cream maker. Does anyone have a good recipe for an ice cream that does not require churning? Preferably one that uses minimal artificial sweeteners (not a huge fan). I try to stay under 70 carbs a day (total, not net) so bananas and stuff are okay.

Thanks!

Replies

• lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have made this before, but couldn't remember the steps. I found it again online. You can add anything you want to. I made it without the Artificial Sweetener and loved it.

ZIPLOC ICE CREAM

1 tablespoon artificial
    sweetener
    1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
    1/2 cup Heavy Cream
    6 tablespoons Table Salt
    3 cups Ice
    1 Sandwich Sized Ziploc
    Bag
    1 Gallon Sized Ziploc Bag

How To Prepare:

In the sandwich sized ziploc, combine the sugar substitute, vanilla
    extract and heavy cream. Seal the bag and shake lightly to mix ingredients.

In the gallon sized ziploc bag, add 3 cups of ice (or fill
    half the bag with ice)and add 6 tablespoons of table salt.

Place the seal sandwich sized bag into the gallon
    bag and seal the gallon bag. Shake the entire contents for at least 4 minutes (shake longer for harder ice cream).

Once desired hardness has been achieved, remove smaller baggies and rinse throughly with cold water (if you miss this step,
    you may wind up with salty ice cream!)

Recipe makes about a 1/2 cup of ice cream.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Thanks @lowjax75 That sounds yummy and pretty adaptable to different flavors!
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    If you like sherbert, you can literally just dump frozen fruit into a food processor and turn it on. It comes out great. Depending on the fruit you may or may not need to add a sweetener (raspberrys are a bit tart but come out good) I'm willing to bet if you put in milk/milk substitute with the fruit it would make a nice fruit and cream soft serve.