C10K, W2, D2

Options
DeeDiddyGee
DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
Good morning, Woggers!

I hope everyone is recovered from their Week 2, Day 1, aches and pains. Amazing how increasing your jogging just a little bit can have an impact on your body. You've heard me say it once, and you'll hear me say it a million times: You MUST stretch before and after your workout. Personally, I find that stretching AFTER the workout, when my muscles are warm and flexible, is most beneficial. This is what keeps me from feeling like I got in the ring with Muhammad Ali.

On another note, some people have asked why I post each workout. Good question! There are actually people who do not use the C10K app. They do their own timing. By posting the workouts, these people know where we are in the program. Even though we are in a technical age, some people are most comfortable with pencil and paper. I try to accommodate everyone to make this program available to anyone who wants to give it a go.

Here is today's workout. Hard to believe the weeks are going by so fast!!!

W2, D2
5 minute warm up walk (stretch out those hamstrings!)
  • Jog 1.5 minutes
  • Walk 2 minutes
  • Repeat 6 times
5-minute cool down (remember to stretch)

Enjoy YOUR day!

Dee :)

Replies

• DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    q0n7x6xoqsgn.jpg

"Fill your body with good stuff and you will get good results out of your body." --DeeDiddyGee original quote
  • Cylinda30
    Cylinda30 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I will do my day 2 tomorrow
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    W2 D2 finished :smile:
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    10K W2D2 complete (yesterday). Dropped my walk back down to 3.5 mph while keeping jog at 5 mph. Seems to keep my HR in the cardio zone (according to my Charge HR). Also kept the four 'strides' (7 mph for 30 sec, 2.5 mph for 90 sec) between main workout and cool-down. Really starting to like those 'strides'.

And yes, Dee, I did stretch it out after the workout. :D

Runner stretch for the ankles and calves, Quad stretch (grab foot from behind and pull it to tush), glut stretch (knee to chest), and hamstring stretch (hands on floor in front of feet with straight knees [thanks TKD]). Not sore one bit today. Thanks for reminding me why stretching is so important before and especially after a workout. ;)

Best news... I think I was successful saving the speed changes in my treadmill's memory so I can cruise through W2D3 without manual changes!

Ooh-Rah!!

Couple of things about the treadmill:
    1. It will only accept one change of incline and/or speed for every 30 second increment (0 to 30, 30 to 60, 60 to 90, etc), so can't record 20 sec or 45 sec sprints, only 30, 60, 90,... sec intervals. I think I can live with that. (Hoping all the intervals in the 10K app are multiples of 30 seconds.)
    2. The timers on the treadmill and the 10K app are not synced perfectly.The treadmill was eight seconds ahead of the app by the end of the workout, (Breathe... Oooohhhhmmm),... so hoping all my manual changes made it into the correct 30 second slot. :s Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
  • d_thomas02
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @DeeDiddyGee, I liked your quote but the talking with words well no good do for me. For me, quote others I do.

“I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet.”
    -- Nadia Comaneci
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Cylinda30 wrote: »
    I will do my day 2 tomorrow

I'm really looking forward to hearing from you on how your workout goes.
  • d_thomas02
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I would like everyone who commented on Dee's original "What This is All About..." thread to please chime in with an update on their progress (good or bad).

How y'all doin'?!?
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    d_thomas02 wrote: »
    I would like everyone who commented on Dee's original "What This is All About..." thread to please chime in with an update on their progress (good or bad).

How y'all doin'?!?

I think I'm doing pretty good. Finished C10k W2 D2 this morning and Just completed PiYo Day 8. I haven't been getting in my usual 15,000 - 20,000 steps everyday though. Since I started my at home workouts my steps have dropped to around 7,000 - 10,000.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Recap: Ran 7 km on December 30 and had a sore left hip muscle after. Ran a week later but stopped after 1 km due to some pain.

I went to the physio on Monday, and she did a "tendonoscopy" which was basically manipulating the muscles & tendon in my hip where it's sore, and also in the back where there is related pain when pressed.

She gave me specific exercises to help with this, which I've been doing 3 times a day.

My hip is feeling good, although a few twinges now and then.

I haven't run since January 6 to give it time to heal.

I plan to try running gently at parkrun on Saturday 16 Jan. Wish me luck!
  • Diantha21
    Diantha21 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well I am rehabilitating too...I am having a little trouble with knee pain, I may need to do more stretching in future, when I restart, as per Dee instructions, I will listen in future :) My Mi band has not lasted very long and now no longer syncs, I may have to google help for that... I hope to be back running by maybe Sunday, with a slower run...Well done everyone else! I will rejoin you all soon :)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    10K W2D2 complete (yesterday).
    And yes, Dee, I did stretch it out after the workout. :D
    [/list]

Good man!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options

How y'all doin'?!?

Yes, people, let's hear from you! How are you feeling? Where are you in the program? Have you started? Are you waiting to start? We are here for you. :)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options

How y'all doin'?!?

I think I'm doing pretty good. Finished C10k W2 D2 this morning and Just completed PiYo Day 8. I haven't been getting in my usual 15,000 - 20,000 steps everyday though. Since I started my at home workouts my steps have dropped to around 7,000 - 10,000.

You are doing very well! You may have gone down in steps; however, your physical activity has increased. Nice balance!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I haven't run since January 6 to give it time to heal.

I plan to try running gently at parkrun on Saturday 16 Jan. Wish me luck!

Sorry to hear that you have an injury, Orphia! Been there, done that. If I could give one bit of unsolicited advice: Wait until you are FULLY healed before you start wogging again. I have been dealing with Plantars Fasciatis(sp?) since November. It keeps flaring up at the most inopportune times!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Diantha21 wrote: »
    Well I am rehabilitating too...I am having a little trouble with knee pain, I may need to do more stretching in future, when I restart, as per Dee instructions, I will listen in future :) My Mi band has not lasted very long and now no longer syncs, I may have to google help for that... I hope to be back running by maybe Sunday, with a slower run...Well done everyone else! I will rejoin you all soon :)

Great to hear from you, Di! I hope your knee feels better soon. It seems the older we get, the more injuries we get. You and are the same age -- hopefully, we will survive C10K. xox
  • Cylinda30
    Cylinda30 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    week 2 day 2 complete
  • Diantha21
    Diantha21 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great to hear from you, Di! I hope your knee feels better soon. It seems the older we get, the more injuries we get. You and are the same age -- hopefully, we will survive C10K. xox[/quote]

I certainly hope so Dee...:) I would hate to give up now!!!

Does it make any difference if I believe that I am not 58 at all but 44yrs old lol...you are what you think you are!!!..?? My knee has been for a slow walk today in view of a weigh in, in the morning!! I needed the extra burn off after a week of impromptu birthday cake etc, I couldn't say no to for fear of upsetting the birthday giver!!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Cylinda30 wrote: »
    week 2 day 2 complete

Good job, Cylinda! :)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Diantha21 wrote: »
    My knee has been for a slow walk today in view of a weigh in, in the morning!! I needed the extra burn off after a week of impromptu birthday cake etc, I couldn't say no to for fear of upsetting the birthday giver!!

Good strategy!