What diet foods are you never, ever eating again?

Options
I've been thinking a lot lately about the kinds of things I used to eat when I was on weight watchers and thinking, thank God I don't have to eat that stuff anymore!

For me, yogurt and smoothies will always be diet food, and I don't ever want to touch the stuff again. And Lean Cuisine meals? Blech. So glad those days are behind me. Salads, however, I could still eat every day of my life. (although now they're piled with lots more meat, full-fat dressings and cheese, and bacon!)

What are some of the things you never want to look at again as long as you live?

Replies

• CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Light mayo. Light salad dressings. Light anything!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Anything fat free, vegetables, beans, and stuff like that. Most artificially flavored stuff (although a diet soda sneaks into my diet every so often).
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Anything from Snackwells! Fat free junk food was the worst food craze to come out of the 90's. I convinced myself that gummy worms were good for me and a suitable breakfast choice when I was in college. Oh the choices we make!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,057 Member
    Options
    Fat free or fat reduced dairy.

Soy products. I gave up meat for two years, and used to buy that textured soy protein stuff in place of ground meat...yuck.

Aspartame sweetened diet drinks. Fake sweet tasting foods.

Light Miracle Whip. Not only is it too low in fat, it tastes too sweet ! I can't believe I used to like that stuff.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,057 Member
    Options
    Also most fruit, especially those high in sugar. How could it be considered healthy to eat more than one serving per day ?
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Also most fruit, especially those high in sugar. How could it be considered healthy to eat more than one serving per day ?

Funniest thing. One of my friends did ww a couple years ago, she would eat 2-3 cans of peaches a day, she says they were free foods on ww. And couldn't figure out how she wasn't losing weight. It was then that I realized how little many people know about nutrition.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I won't buy those 90 calorie bars again, or the candy/protein bars or fiber one bars. I do still love diet soda from time to time, I actually miss the aspartame after taste in diet pepsi since they changed it lol
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Fat free dairy, dressings and mayo. Yuck.
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I agree with the fat free stuff. Way too runny and overly sweet. I will never buy or eat freezer meals again. I am so used to making my own food and always having something in the fridge I'll never buy another prepared freezer meal EVER. I don't see the need!
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Light Ranch dressing...omg was it so nasty.
  • auntstephie321
    Options

Omg it was. And sweet, so weird. Ff ranch even worse. I can't even express how much I love full fat ranch dressing.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options

Yes. Absolutely revolting.

Rice cakes. Reduced fat cheese. Blurgh!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well, I'm not going to never, but I will avoid following things: diet cookies, cakes, anything grainy; diet microwave dinners, fake butter in any form, anything that hangs out in the vegan freezer at the local Whole Foods. Also, chips, popcorn, lots of fruit and granola bars. Fat reduced dairy. Conventional sports drinks. Hmm. Short list. I'll probably think of more things later.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Light or Fat Free food and prepared diet foods (Atkins, Weight Watchers, Lean Cuisine, etc branded items). Blech..
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Shredded wheat and skim milk... My go-to breakfast for over a decade. No more tiny bales of hay for me!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Stevia.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Fat free cheese. Shudder.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Fat free cheese. Shudder.
    . Fat free cottage cheese...omg it's AWFUL!

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    CMYKRGB wrote: »
    Light mayo. Light salad dressings. Light anything!

Amen! And those cheeses. Yuck!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    Stevia.

LOL I like stevia! :D