15/1/16 check in

Options
goodwifey82
goodwifey82 Posts: 54 Member
Today is a new day and man do I feel rough... It was a cold night here in Essex, U.K. I've woke with a rotten cold and basically feel yuk.
I am going to rest during the day and do a Leslie sansone walk this afternoon as my 8yr old daughter wants to do it with me. Lol. That will squeeze me in a 2 mile walk, inside, in the warm.
I will definitely eat well as tomorrow is weigh day (fingers crossed).
Then as I have a cold and what feels like the onset of tonsillitis I may treat my self to some chocolate tomorrow. Is that ok?
Good luck today everyone.x
Claire

Replies

• vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    @goodwifey82 I hope you feel better!

I don't have an accomplishment so far, but just wanted to wish everyone a great day!
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling blah lately about my weight loss journey, even wanted to quit last week. Today I woke up with a new attitude. I am thankful that we can start over anytime and not let the past derail us completely.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Day One. Good day today. Snowy in Luxembourg for a change. Walked to AND from work today - total 12 kms. Will enjoy my wine tonight!
  • clippergear
    clippergear Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's a great day for me today...cold and rainy...which I love. Living in Florida I sometimes get sick of sunshine 24/7. I'm excited because my Tai Chi DVD's are coming in the mail today, so tomorrow I can get started learning Tai Chi. Something I've always wanted to do and it will burn calories too. A win, win!!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day and man do I feel rough... It was a cold night here in Essex, U.K. I've woke with a rotten cold and basically feel yuk.
    I am going to rest during the day and do a Leslie sansone walk this afternoon as my 8yr old daughter wants to do it with me. Lol. That will squeeze me in a 2 mile walk, inside, in the warm.
    I will definitely eat well as tomorrow is weigh day (fingers crossed).
    Then as I have a cold and what feels like the onset of tonsillitis I may treat my self to some chocolate tomorrow. Is that ok?
    Good luck today everyone.x
    Claire

Thanks for the giggle - I misread your sentence and thought you wrote "...I may turn myself into some chocolate..." lol
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Last night I made healthy choices at an amazing dinner, and had a tiny bit of pop corn but not too much.

And I'm thankful for having someone to share that night with :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,200 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @goodwifey82, I hope you feel better!
    @clippergear, I've been wanting to learn Tai Chi, let me know how you like it!
    @TaraTall, nice choices!!!!!!

Today, after breakfast a run and the 30 day shred - Kettlebell DVD are my plans. It's supposed to rain throughout the day so the run might be a jog, :(

Accomplished: last night I was tired and didn't really feel like a workout at the gym BUT I went, felt awesome afterwords. Before joining MFP, I would of sat in front of the TV and probably ate a big bowl of ice cream, yay for me!!!! :)<3:)
  • BanannaNut
    BanannaNut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Read all of your posts and everybody is doing great!

The day to day is hard, especially when you're tired or sick (or incredibly sore like I am!) but the end results are worth it.

Fell off the wagon last night after a great day of working out with too much wine and cheese :/ but today is a new day so I'll try to keep it together!

Today something I love so much is...wine and cheese :wink:
  • runnermamaof4kiddos
    runnermamaof4kiddos Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi all!
    I have 2 positives to share. Yesterday I had my hand on the chocolate almonds but my daughter called for me so I had to drop them. It gave me a chance to think better of my choice and I went back for tea with honey and that fulfilled my sugar craving. So thankful I didn't cave!

Also, I started getting sick last night. Sore throat and body aches. I took an effervescent tablet and some Coldeeez all night and this morning and now I am actually feeling decent. Mini miracle because my sore throats usually last for days so I am thankful that I was able to fight it off!

Friday nights are hard for me to resist bad foods and drinks...really hope I can be good tonight :# .

• vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    @runnermamaof4kiddos I so feel you. Weekends are so hard starting with Friday. We do ok if I keep cooking but I like to take the weekends off. ;-)

So this is my accomplishment for today. I have not worked out in over a month. But today I took the little ones to the park. I pushed baby in stroller and 3 year-old tagged along on her bike. I put in good 30 minutes and while they played on the playground, I got my 20 min. Circuit training in! Yay for me!!! :-)
  • helensingssongs
    helensingssongs Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Specially grandmaJackie (from the take off challenge) Today I am grateful I found the group page as technology is not always my friend. Friday nights are tough but so far so good. The next two days will be super fun and I am planning to watch the portion sizes to avoid self sabotage.
    What I am really loving today is the bright cold weather. Finally a bit of proper winter.
  • wahm922
    wahm922 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today I walked and used my elliptical which I have renamed the Chinese Torture Device!
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Today, I know I went over calories because I was travelling on business but hopefully my step count was high enough (forgot my Fitbit but based on previous experience probably was close to 10k steps). I'll be back in control tomorrow!
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Today I let myself relax a little and had some drinks with my partner out. I have been working so hard towards my goal that sometimes I forget to have fun too.
    We ended up winning over $100 in meat at the meat raffle so I am Very thankful for that!
  • goodwifey82
    goodwifey82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well thought I would check in quickly again before I collapse into bed. I managed my leslie sansone 2 mile with my dd. Somehow only ate 700 odd calories today. Although they way I am feeling today I do not have much of an appetite.
    My achievement for today was not caving and crawling into bed with pack of chocolate biscuits. Lol. Weigh day tomorrow. Night night.
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I had a fantastic day yesterday, hit some Pr's with Fitbit. Today I tried to get my run in, but nerve pain in my foot has flared up, and got in the way. It's a dry day and I walked some outside in front and on side of our house carrying Emma. Wish I had a stroller, could have done more. We have the kids over for dinner tonight so probably won't get a walk in then either, but we are singing some Karoake, so there will be some calorie burns with that.

My grandbaby, being the light of my life obviously and filled my days when I have her here. She was a couple months old when my dad was diagnosed with Cancer, and 3 months old when he passed. She's now 9 months old. As you can imagine, she has been an even bigger blessing than I ever could have imagined. :smiley:
  • SSmithConlan08
    SSmithConlan08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Today's accomplishment was 60 solid minutes of cardio in fat-burn mode. My son happily stayed in child care, whichbis huge for us both!
  • BanannaNut
    BanannaNut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love reading everyone's stories... Keep it up! Am also loving hearing snippets of what you are thankful for or love... Some are small things, some are big things, great reminders of how lush our lives are!
    Becky_44 wrote: »
    I had a fantastic day yesterday, hit some Pr's with Fitbit. Today I tried to get my run in, but nerve pain in my foot has flared up, and got in the way. It's a dry day and I walked some outside in front and on side of our house carrying Emma. Wish I had a stroller, could have done more. We have the kids over for dinner tonight so probably won't get a walk in then either, but we are singing some Karoake, so there will be some calorie burns with that.

My grandbaby, being the light of my life obviously and filled my days when I have her here. She was a couple months old when my dad was diagnosed with Cancer, and 3 months old when he passed. She's now 9 months old. As you can imagine, she has been an even bigger blessing than I ever could have imagined. :smiley:

Nerve pain be damned! You'll get back to it another day, but you got something in and you are taking the time to enjoy your family fully. That's waaaay more important!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,200 Member
    Options
    @Becky_44, I agree with bananaNut 100%. Sounds like you had a blast with your grand baby, :):)
  • mylukeyboy
    mylukeyboy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today both of my boys napped at the same time. What I really wanted to do was collapse on the couch, watch Ellen, and snack. Which I did, but just for like ten minutes and then realized I'd be happier if I got in a workout. So I did!