January 2016 - Week 3, Jan 15th to 21st

Options
Lilymay2
Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
How is everyone doing? It is getting really cold this weekend so hopefully I don't freeze up, ha ha!! Two curling bonspiels this month - but also year end books to finish up so I hope I can balance the exercise and the sitting and win !!

Take care everyone and have a great day. :)

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Options
    January Goal:
    120 miles
    10 days over 10,000 steps
    Watch better for the hidden sugar and yeast.
    Measure, weigh and log foods!!

Week 1 - 24.9 miles & 2 over 10,000 steps.
    Week 2 - 23.7 miles = total of 48.6 miles (4/10)

Jan 15 - 4.5 miles - 10071 steps (5/10) Curling - yeah!!

Oh dear - made a deal with the skip on our curling team - if we lost our game I would skip the next one. And we lost - so... I am already doing the math... I will only make 2 trips up and down the ice each end instead of 6 trips.. and the upper body workout (sweeping rocks) will be minimal... I think I may have to convince her she needs to skip again :);)
  • djahorne
    djahorne Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone! I saw this group and thought this would be a great idea. I am also doing a virtual hike of the Appalachian Trail on walking4fun website. Just started, so by joining you all here, it might take me less then a year to finish it. Looks like I am starting at a good time since this week just started. Here is what I did yesterday.

Jan 15 - 4.78 Miles - 10,022 Steps

exercise.png

exercise.png

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,772 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Oh goodness...I have been posting in the wrong place. This ticker is up to date. Thanks for getting us to the right week, Lilymay!

I am so happy it is the weekend is all I can say. I am 67 and still working and because of the way life panned out...it seems I will be working for five more years. So I had better take good care of me so that I do it with a smile on my face. All I know is I so appreciate the weekends more now than when I was working part time.

Love that we still have this group. Thanks so much. I enjoy the company and support! <3

exercise.png
  • magic71755
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Saturday's Miles: 4.8
    exercise.png

• Lilymay2
    Options
    January Goal:
    120 miles

Jan 16 - 3.5 miles

So - I lost the coin toss - I skipped both curling games Saturday. Didn't make my 10,000 steps :( ... but sure tried to. Sunday - 1 more curling game. I best wear more clothes - it was REALLY cold in the curling rink and -32 Celsius outside...... Still cold this morning.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    djahorne wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I saw this group and thought this would be a great idea. I am also doing a virtual hike of the Appalachian Trail on walking4fun website. Just started, so by joining you all here, it might take me less then a year to finish it. Looks like I am starting at a good time since this week just started. Here is what I did yesterday.

Welcome djahorne - glad you came to join us. Your virtual hike sounds very exciting. I will have to go over to the website and check it out.

Magic - I so do love the weekends too!! But some days work just gets downright in the way of life. I would sure like to retire but I am not sure now - with the economic downturn here in Western Canada I think I should just keep my job.

Happy Sunday everyone - I am off to the curling rink. We play in the B final at 1 p.m. so hopefully my car starts and the temperature makes it above -30 Celsius. :)
  • djahorne
    djahorne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Was able to get out for another walk yesterday before it started raining. Not sure I am going to get out today because of the rain. Here is what I did yesterday.

Jan 16 - 2.93 Miles - 6,652 Steps

January Total: 7.71 Miles

exercise.png

• magic71755
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Morning all...have to get to the bike fast ...hope you all have a good week.

Sunday's miles: 3.85

exercise.png

• mlh37214
    mlh37214 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Welcome djahorne! What a great idea, the Appalachian Trail hike! Fitbit gives you badges when you reach milestones like that, but what a fun idea to actually watch the progress toward it! 2200 miles is a hefty goal, but breaking it down into smaller sections will make it doable!!

Lilymay, every time I want to complain that it's cold here (14F this AM), I'm going to think about you!! I like cooler weather, but I don't think I could handle what you're getting!

Magic, I love this group too! I don't always hit my goals, and we are a small group that consistently check in, but the main reason I keep my fitbit on and charged and have any idea of where I am with miles is bc of this group!! I hate to think what I'd be doing (or more likely not doing) if I wasn't checking in!!!

And on that note...

Ladies, I need to kick it into gear. My goal this month was to beat last year (which was a sorry 62 miles or something) so I set my goal to 115 miles and 8 days at 5+ to beat last month. I've been sorely lacking! I've caught the crud from the bf...he stayed home from work 3 days last week. I worked an extra shift yesterday. LOL

I put a training plan on my calendar to get ready to do the 1/2 marathon here in April. So far, the bf has signed us up for a 5K. With my training plan, this is the week that we have to kick it into gear and get truly started if we are going to finish it.

Here's my sad little update:

14 - 2.28
    15 - 3.01
    16 - 2.07
    17 - 2.27

Total = 45.91, 0/8. I really thought I was going to be further behind. With 14 days to go, that's an average of 4.9 miles per day to hit my mileage goal, though. I don't think I've done any stretches of 5 for that long!!! Here's to trying, though!!

Have a great week everyone! Keep moving!

• Lilymay2
    Options
    January Goal:
    120 miles

Jan 16 - 3.5 miles
    Jan 17 - 3.2 miles

Home today - so hopefully I can get outside and get a walk in. All the birdfeeders are empty so I do have to bundle up and get out there. So far it is 15 degrees warmer than yesterday ..Lol... only -20 Celsius.

I am a bit behind my goal for the month so I best boot myself in the butt and get with the program!

Later everyone
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    mlh37214 wrote: »
    Welcome djahorne! What a great idea, the Appalachian Trail hike! Fitbit gives you badges when you reach milestones like that, but what a fun idea to actually watch the progress toward it! 2200 miles is a hefty goal, but breaking it down into smaller sections will make it doable!!

Lilymay, every time I want to complain that it's cold here (14F this AM), I'm going to think about you!! I like cooler weather, but I don't think I could handle what you're getting!

Magic, I love this group too! I don't always hit my goals, and we are a small group that consistently check in, but the main reason I keep my fitbit on and charged and have any idea of where I am with miles is bc of this group!! I hate to think what I'd be doing (or more likely not doing) if I wasn't checking in!!!

I agree - if I didn't check in with this group everyday I would not even want to know what I might be doing instead...

Thank you everyone for being here for me (((hugs)))
  • Lilymay2
    edited January 2016
    Options
    January Goal:
    120 miles

Jan 16 - 3.5 miles
    Jan 17 - 3.2 miles
    Jan 18 - 5.3 miles - 11819 steps (6/10)
    Leslie Sansone Tone Every Zone DVD 60 minutes and then went outside to feed the birds and walk my dog. Made several trips to the woodworking shop to fix a my DIL's picture frame.

Today - will have to make the best of it. 2 Doctors appointments in 2 different towns. :s
  • magic71755
    edited January 2016
    Options

exercise.png

Morning ladies...I hate that I am always running late in the morning...no bike either, yet. I could not get out of bed. Will do my best to catch up tonight. You all were chatty yesterday and I need to know what is going on.

Miles yesterday: 3.58

Next month, I am switching to steps. I need to make 10k daily something to attain to...and right now, it's not.

Thanks for being here...have a lovely day. I am on day 10 of south beach diet phase 1...it's just for getting rid of cravings. Have lost three pounds.

current weight 141 goal of 130 5'2"

PS I originally started on south beach at 175 in June of 2008 Lost forty.

Last Feb I was 157 and did a reboot then. Lost 17. Gained four back during the year.

So I am living the sb healthy lifestyle. I just want to get to that 130 mark... 50th HS reunion coming up and I want something CUTE to wear...I still look too chubby. :'(
  • mlh37214
    Options
    Jan 18 - 2.13 = 48.04, 0/8.

I went to bed at 7 last night. Life is getting very stressful. I'm looking for a new job after a week's worth of going home so angry and upset that I cried each night. Got a call from my mom last night, that my grandfather's oncologist has said that if a new treatment he is going to start next week doesn't work, the only option left is hospice. It's a slap in the face (and I've thought the MD wasn't doing everything he could or treating as aggressively as he could the entire time), so I'm extremely angry with the whole situation. My grandfather told him that he "isn't ready to give up," when hospice was mentioned, though, so there is a bright side.

I'm doing the best I can with what I have. Trying not to turn to food. I haven't had a whole lot of motivation for activity, but trying to push through. The pup is getting bigger and wanting to venture a little further from our front door, so that's a good thing! I was going to see about taking him over to the greenway and try him out for a quarter mile or so, but the BF was off work and home when I got there. We have a weather advisory today and are supposed to get snow and ice, so the entire city will lose it's mind and shut down. Ridiculous!!

And at work, I'm plugging into my headphones as much as I can and trying to keep to myself, do my job, and go home.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Oh gosh...so sorry...you have so much going on in your life that is trying to take you down...I'm glad you came in here and shared it with us.

Just keep going forward and know things will get better. My heart goes out to you, mlh. Be sure and take in all that good puppy love and kisses...(and breath...I am a sucker for puppy breath...lol). Be good to yourself, by fueling your body with good, healthy food.

I hope life gets more gentle for you and stops hitting you in the face. Know, we all have times like this...not easy, but you will persevere!

Hugs, kiddo.
  • mlh37214
    Options
    Thanks Magic. I'm trying to take it all in stride. My mother and I are both "fixers." She and I have started research and calling resources. The anger is getting better, knowing that there are things we can do. Unfortunately, the research that I did yesterday afternoon, looking at outcomes for the cancer that he's fighting, he's already at the point where the survival rate is around 20%...so he's doing better than 80% of the people who have been diagnosed with the same. It's a tough reality.

Doing pretty well with the diet. (My MD appt was a wake up call!!) I've had a few missteps, but I've been trying to make them small and account for them by either getting off my behind or packing my other meals with veggies and good for me nutrients!

On a positive note, we went to the gym last night. I decided to bring the speed of my jog down a bit and instead of doing just a minute at a time, push it as far as I could. I did 2 rounds of 5 minutes!! It's been a long time since I've been able to do that! (There was a basketball game on the TV that I was watching, so I was distracted while doing it...LOL)

19th - 5.11= 53.15, 1/8 Finally!! :)

We finally have true winter weather here. Sleeting on my way to work, and by the time I got here, about a 1/2 inch of ice on the ground. Supposed to switch to snow and then warm up to rain by the time it's time to head home from work. I hope so...getting stuck at work is not an acceptable plan!!!
  • mlh37214
    Options
    Got to go home safely on Wednesday. :) We have round 2 today. The state is already shutting down, and some of our interstates west of us are already closed b/c people were sliding off.... Lilymay, I bet people in your area get a kick out of the mess that a little bit of winter weather causes in the southern US. LOL...I went to Atlanta one year following a dusting of snow and the city was dead!! It's crazy!!! I grew up in the north and we were never paralyzed by a snow. When I first moved here, I couldn't believe what a terrible job they did cleaning roads (they did much better on Wed) and that people will just abandon their cars on the side of the road!!

Nonetheless...I'm at work again today (it was just changing over to sleet when I got here - was supposed to hold off on that until about 8 and then start the snow at noon, but moved in quicker). Hopefully it moves out quickly too! It's supposed to snow until around 6 this evening. We're projected to get 4 - 6 inches. The city will shut down!!

Here's my update:

20 - 2.64
    21 - 5.22

Total = 61.01, 2/8

We went to the gym again last night and I did interval jogging at the slower pace. We had dinner before we went, so I wasn't feeling great and didn't log as much time per jog, but did get the overall same. (There also wasn't anything super distracting on TV to keep my mind off the time/speed!)

Have a great weekend everyone...and if you're getting the winter storm, be safe and stay warm!!
  • Lilymay2
    edited January 2016
    Options
    January Goal:
    120 miles

Jan 16 - 3.5 miles
    Jan 17 - 3.2 miles
    Jan 18 - 5.3 miles - 11819 steps (6/10)
    Jan 19 3.2 miles
    Jan 20 - 2.9 miles
    Jan 21 - 5.3 miles - 11776 steps (7/10) Curling and not skipping for made some good steps and lost of sweeping.

Total 76.5 miles and 7 days over 10,000 steps .... yeah!!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    1/15 - 9.81
    1/16 - 9.39
    1/17 - 6.29
    1/18 - 8.55
    1/19 - 5.46
    1/20 - 8.90
    1/21 - 11.13

Week 3 Total - 58.90
    Week 2 Total - 57.30