Keto Friends

Options
cmDaffy
cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
Birds of a feather, flock together. And for Keto-ites. We SOAR!!

I'm looking for some new friends who believe Keto is it for a long and healthy life.

A little bit about me, I've been diabetic most of life, I don't remember life without shots... Somewhere in middle school I realized that the ADA diet, and it's heavy carb load wasn't the right way to eat...

In came the lower carb diet. Which I've pretty much done all of my life. It works, ask my docs and the research team, not just to get the weight off, but for a long life. While after 38 years, a lot of my cohorts have died or have numerous complications, I don't have any. I've convinced docs with my labs and great health, that this is the way to live.

Peace out!

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! My parents, both grandmothers and one sister all have Type 2 diabetes. I was dx'ed with prediabetes a few years ago, reversed it on a low carb diet but have kept an eye on things since then. I also have PCOS and gain easily if I eat many carbs. I hadn't expected this going in but at this point I'm thinking I'll stay keto or close to it for life.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I started this diet over a year ago with an A1c close to 10, on metformin, on blood pressure pills, and forty pounds heavier. I have hashimotos, PCOS, blood clotting issues, and joint issues so I'm not much of a workout fiend and I'm a slow loser, but that's not my main goal, tho it's a nice perk. My main goal was to get off four daily meds (I'm off three so far) and I have a normal blood pressure and very close to normal a1c. I'm more active and happier, too. I'm in it for the long haul.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forum! Lots of great people here. Anyone can feel free to add me as well.

I've been going steady since July of 2015, but have done LCHF on and off for about 10 years. Working on weight issues and joint pain.
  • Gremlin131313
    Gremlin131313 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd love new keto friends, too!

I did keto for a while on and off in 2015. Had so many issues with my hormones, I couldn't get my head in straight (had a baby, nursed for four months, then he'll broke loose in my body). Was diagnosed with endometriosis in November after months of daily pelvis pain and inflammation. Doctor used electrocauterization on it, but still just as sick. Working on convincing my insurance company that they should approve a hysterectomy. In the meantime, and from here on out, I know that keto is the way. There's no way in hell that flour and sugar are doing me any good, so I'm finally ready to take things into my own hands instead of feeling like a helpless blob, haha.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Anyone is more than welcome to add me ......I have been LCHF since Oct. 2015 loving this WOE but the scale isn't being to kind but I have learned patience :p Wishing you the very best :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Keto! For 1.5 years so far and planning to stay.
    Always happy to add more keto friends.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Keto for almost a year! Always open to new friends!

@Gremlin131313, ugh, endometriosis can be tough! I had the ablation done in 2008, with minimal results! Finally had a complete hysterectomy in 2013. I still have endometriosis though because it's impossible to kill it all when it's covering every pelvic surface (doctor described it as like a bomb exploding, creating growths everywhere). It lives off of estrogen so still goes through a "cycle" each month. After adapting to keto the pain has decreased to what I describe to be like menstrual cramps a few days each month that sort of define a Tom for me. It's so much better than the everyday pain though! I will remain keto for life!
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Would love more Keto friends!! Those that don't keto, don't get it!
  • gricel820
    gricel820 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Add me!!! After experimenting, I went full keto on 12.28.15. So far so good. Lost 4.3lbs. Would have been more but had 2 moments of weakness. After picking myself up and dusting the dirt off, I am in ketosis and very happy!
  • jesslintch
    jesslintch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm more of a lurker on the boards; I'm still trying to learn. My husband and I went Keto in October to decrease his insulin need. It has been one of the best decisions ever!
  • Japkoo
    Japkoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for new friends!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm always glad to have new friends too. I don't have any health issues really. Just ADHD. I used to have problems with IBS but that's a thing of the past with this woe.
    My 21 year old daughter is T1D and mostly keeps carbs under 150. That's as far as I've been able to get her to go so far. But it's funny to hear her preaching Keto to her friend that's pre-diabetic now. Lol she knows the right way, just not ready to implement it! :wink:
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    I am relatively new to this woe, too, but love having friends who eat the same way.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! The bigger the support group the easier to keep on track!
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Keto for Life! Add me to get my constant stream of awesome status updates, and great meal ideas!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to all the newbies! Keto lifer here with an open diary. Feel free to add me. :)
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Anyone in the group is welcome to add me, I'm always looking for more keto friends to share the journey with. I log my food religiously (I love data!) and my diary is open to friends, the good and the bad of it. I love the inspiration of the group. When I'm stressed and craving, I just come here to read instead of shovelling carbs in my face :)