Any other ladies LC and TTC?

Options
2»

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you. They say you only have a 20% chance of conceiving each cycle. It seems impossible sometimes that so many people have children.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    So sorry @auntstephie321!

I'm hoping for the best for both of you, and any others who face this challenge! I consider myself very fortunate to have had a relatively healthy pregnancy and delivery almost nineteen years ago!
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm also LCHF & TTC (with PCOS), and would love more friends who are on similar journeys. I'm thankful for those of you who have shared your stories above.

My story: I had long-suspected I maybe had PCOS, but my doctors would just tell me my irregular cycles were due to my weight, and "lose weight & they'll go back to normal" with no additional instructions (granted, as a normal-weight teenager, my cycles were never regular either...but they never wanted to listen to that part). My husband & I had been "not actively trying but not preventing" for the first 5 years of our marriage, hoping for some miraculous "Surprise! We're pregnant" moment that never happened. Due to my age (I'm now 33), and *KNOWING* something was wrong, last spring I switched up my physicians. I started seeing someone awesome & great, and I ended up being diagnosed with PCOS after testing. My physician put me on a LCHF diet + Metformin (worked up to my current does of 1000mg extended release b.i.d). Since my diagnosis in June, I have lost nearly 50 pounds, and my cycles have regulated...although they are still a bit long at 33 days. I don't eat super low carb, but aim for a Total carb/day of around 50g, but a Net carb of <30. But still...no pregnancies, yet.

After a long heart-to-heart with my doc at an appointment 2 weeks ago, we opted for 3 more months of weight reduction & just the metformin to see if I get pregnant in that time frame. If not, in April I will be started on Femara or Clomid in combination with the Metformin. (She's leaning towards Femara, but wanted me to do my own research in the interim...because she understands me & my obsessive need for information as a patient...lol.).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@dtobio I too get the "Relax, it will happen" comments from people, and it makes me furious! I "relaxed" for 5 freaking years & nothing happened...lol. I've earned the right to be an anxious, temping, data-driven control freak now. :smiley: