January 18-23

Options

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    My knee is happy again, because I haven't been to fencing. I have decided that will have to wait until March for me to return, just because I need to focus on bjj comp prep (which my knee doesn't mind at all). At least I have plenty to keep me busy in the meantime thanks to competition prep. Training hard and catching up with friends this week. Not getting to the cleaning I should do though...
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    @CaptainBoing I am glad your knee is better and that you are taking care of not overworking it. We need you to be well so that you can continue to inspire us.

@MrsVelapanur @JMarcella57 Getting together with friends is a joy in life. My friends are no longer pushing the dessert every time we go out. We still talk and laugh and enjoy a healthy meal without going overboard on calories.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    HaHa, have no fear. The week after my knee surgery I was doing upper body weights training, with my physio's approval, but it did prove that nothing stops me!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity does anyone else have a crutch food something you eat everyday gets you through the day or you work into your day? Mine is Whoppers candy I work them in every day. My meals are basicly the same day in and day out with some switching but the candy is always there.
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I do eat very similar meals every breakfast and lunch during the work week. It is simpler for me and helps me stick to my calorie goal. My husband is in charge of dinner so the menu varies and I adjust my portions for calorie control. I am trying to eat a high antioxidant diet as recommended by my doctor so my sweet tooth is somewhat satisfied by eating berries, fruits and some sweeter veggies. I struggle with eating just a small portion of treats I love. Even knowing I could have more whoppers the next day, I would eat a few, then a few more, then a few more until they were gone. I'll have 10 then there's an odd number left in the bag so I'll eat one more. Then a serving was only this many calories so I'll eat a few more. Then the number is odd again on and on and then they are gone. Oh, this turned into a confession, lol. Well, I am glad I can admit my weakness. It allows me to try to do better, which I tackle one day at a time.
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I also have an issue with portion control on items that I really love. I don't put them in my diet during the week and when I decide I am going to enjoy myself, then I usually don't count calories. I try to be mindful of my food choices on a treat day but overall, I just have what I want. I eat pretty much the same thing during the week when I am on my regular eating plan.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    There is no way I can have a little chocolate each day. Instant binging for me. Same with Dr. Pepper, popcorn, etc. I don't eat a wide variety of foods, but the foods that I do eat, I eat a lot of. And I don't like trying new foods. I think it's a texture thing more than a flavor thing.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I haven't been losing much weight lately, but I have no problem slipping into any of my jeans now. Some jeans had been sitting unused in my closet for years now.
  • Living360
    Options
    @NewOR2015 It's not all about weight, though we all like to see lower numbers on the scale. The journey is about being healthier in mind, body & spirit. Fitting into a stored pair of jeans is real progress in my book!
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Any plans for the weekend? I plan on taking two barre classes and one more days of weights this weekend. My nutrition has been good but it's the TOM. We're going to the movies tonight and I am fantasizing about popcorn right now.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    If good weather continues I plan to power wash the brick side of my house. After 20 years the brick is looking blackish instead of reddish. Other than that, just regular day in day out stuff.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    BTW, I love movie popcorn! It's one of my binge foods.
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    I look up the calories and fat in a small movie popcorn and I will probably forego it. I'm thinking about picking up some butter free popcorn from the grocery store.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    No plans just work .
  • Living360
    Options
    I adore popcorn and I do like it buttered. Don't have it often, fortunately there are some good "skinny" varieties. This weekend I am going to start some spring cleaning, cupboards, under the sinks etc. Not sure how far I get but little by little it needs to get done.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Well, now I'm going to have to have some popcorn tonight. The good thing is I can fit it in without exceeding my calorie limit.
  • Living360
    Options
    @NewOR2015 That's a good day, when you have calories remaining to treat yourself. Enjoy!
  • NewOR2015
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes, and I can't binge on popcorn today because I only have a little bit of kernels left in the jar.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    The sun is shining today and saying "come on out for a walk." But my body is saying "maybe later." I think I'm feeling lazy today. It's Saturday, after all.
  • Living360
    Options
    @NewOR2015 Put those shoes on and get walking . . . you'll be glad you did!