Wine and ketosis

Options
i made a recipe for shrimp scampi and it included cooking white wine. I put them into MFP and they fit into my macros. I've always thought wine was a 'no no' for LC and wanted to known if it would kick me out of ketosis. Have any of you used cooking wine in current recipes. What is your experience?

Replies

• neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    There's no reason wine should be off limits, especially in cooking (where the alcohol is burned off), as long as you account for the carb content. I have found that some of the entries on MFP only include the calorie count for alcohol and omit the carb count.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I don't do keto currently, but I have in the past. Although everyone is different, I could stay in ketosis drinking a glass or two of wine a couple of times a week as long as I didn't overdo total carbs. Dry wine is pretty low in carbs and sugars. I would think using a small amount in cooking should be fine. It sure adds flavor to low carb sauces!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    A little wine goes a long way, whether drinking or using it in cooking. Sometimes, while eating keto, all I need is 2-3 ounces of wine to satisfy me. I figure the carb count will be negligible in such small amounts.