Week 3 Weigh in, Challenge and Week 2 Celebrations

Options
Leebett
Leebett Posts: 238 Member
In Week 2 we lost a total of 98.5lbs! That is amazing work. I won't post a percentage yet as there are a lot of people who joined late/left already and I want REAL numbers. Everyone who weighed in lost or maintained which is a great place to start.

Congrats to our top 3 weight losers:
FiddlinRDH - 12.7
resilientmom -6.8
leebett - 4.8

Congrats to our top 3 % losers:
FiddlinRDH - 4.24
middyfire - 3.02
purplemnm72 - 2.51

I will do my best to keep track of weekly and overall because the more there is to celebrate the better! I'm also very competitive so there's always that too! If I make a mistake I'm sorry and I hope that everyone will get a chance to be on top of the boards.

This week's theme is celebrations! I want you to decide where your celebrations will be. (Even though we should celebrate every pound gone!) Will you celebrate monthly, every 10lbs, every 10%, a new "decade" on the scale or some combination there of. Let us know what works for you and then how will you celebrate! NO FOOD CELEBRATIONS! New clothes, a trip, whatever it is, let's share the good ideas so that we can all celebrate our victory.

Replies

• dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Congrats on everyone, especially our top 3 %ers this last week! (special thanks to Leebett for keeping track of our standing and posting weekly!)

SW: 236
    LW: 233 (last week)
    CW: 230

Celebrations: The last 2 pounds lost marks an actual decrease on MFP (been working on getting off holiday gain the last couple of weeks). So nice to be able to actually record it on this sight again! One more pound and I am in the 220's! 2 more pounds and I am at 30 lbs total lost. Yes, I will be celebrating each of those as they come!
    I tried on some size 18 pants at Kohls yesterday and they fit! All my other pants are 20s and 22s (getting loose). My celebration this week and next will be finding 2-3 more size 18's on clearance or thrift store to add to my daily routine. Just wearing 18s make me smile...

Have a great week everyone!
  • titinil
    titinil Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    SW: 239
    LW: 235
    CW: 234

One pound lost last week for a total of 5 pounds.

Celebrations: Mmm, I don't have any planned. I already bought new workout clothes last week.
  • MommaLovesToLoseIt
    MommaLovesToLoseIt Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sw 298.6
    Lw 294
    Cw 290.8
    Loss last week, 3.2. Overall this year, 7.8. On track to lose that 100 this year. I have been in stalls here and there which is frustrating. I celebrate each time I go down a clothing size by thrift shopping for more clothes!!
  • christyg74
    christyg74 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    SW 263
    Today 260.0

Only lost 3 pounds in two weeks
  • justtjoy
    justtjoy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    SW: 254
    Todays 241

Awesome week!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to the "losers" & everyone else for staying the course :-) I think I'll celebrate with each 10 lb loss, and my first reward for achieving this will be that of a reflexology treatment! It's been a long while since I've had one... excited just thinking about it now!
  • FiddlinRDH
    FiddlinRDH Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone!!! What a way to start off 2016!!!
    starting weight: 1/2/16 299.2
    1/10/16: 286.5 (-12.7)
    1/18/16 283.7(-2.8)(-15.5 total)

Celebration will be a massage at 25 pounds. Looking forward to it!
  • middyfire
    middyfire Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    SW 298
    LW 289 (-9)
    CW 281.4 ( -7.6)
    Total lost -16.6

Celebration - Hopefully a new pair of work pants at the next pants size!
  • kilara21
    kilara21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm down another 3 lbs this week :) Congrats to all the other "losers" out there!
    SW: 265
    LW: 255
    CW: 252

My first goal was to lose 10%, so that's my celebration time. I haven't really thought about my reward, but I think some new clothes would be great.
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    SW: 267
    LW: 263.2 (last week)
    CW: 260.4

I started the T25 videos last week, still going strong. I did pretty good with my food and logging until Sunday when I gave into some temptations and shouldn't have. I need to stay busier when at home so I don't splurge.
  • KarenGa4
    KarenGa4 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    christyg74 wrote: »
    SW 263
    Today 260.0

Never use the word "only" -- 3 lbs is a HUGE loss -- how would you like to gain 3 lbs. Celebrate it -- YEAH, YOU LOSS 3 LBS. I lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks. Yeah me!!
  • KarenGa4
    Options
    WOW, you people are doing just beautifully -- a 15 lb. loss in 18 days is tremendous, but a 2 lb. loss in 18 days is great too. We are all losing here -- this month you may lose a little and next month you may lose a lot. Yeah us!! I love reading how we are all encouraging each other. I am really liking this board. Thanks to our creator.
  • KarenGa4
    Options
    tjames30 wrote: »
    SW: 267
    LW: 263.2 (last week)
    CW: 260.4

I started the T25 videos last week, still going strong. I did pretty good with my food and logging until Sunday when I gave into some temptations and shouldn't have. I need to stay busier when at home so I don't splurge.

I know what you mean tjames -- I've just given up carbs for the rest of the month because although I am staying within my calorie count my weight loss this month is slower than other months so for the next 12 days no carbs and no sugar for me.
  • Leebett
    Options
    christyg74 wrote: »
    SW 263
    Today 260.0

Only! 3 ponds is great! Slow and steady wins the race. I've found that little changes are the ones that stick. Don't compare just run your race. They say a healthy weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds each week. Way to be healthy!
  • Leebett
    Options
    293.8 down 1.8 this week. Bad weekend kept me from bigger numbers.

Last time I bought myself riding lessons when I hit 10%. In case you missed it I love to celebrate and look for as many ways as possible I'm a % and pound celebrater. Looking to hit 10% this week and I think that deserves a massage.
  • HiyaItsMariah
    HiyaItsMariah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I gained a 2 pounds this week. Not a good weekend for me. That's what happens when I don't track my food intake. Next week I will make sure and loose it and then some.
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I am up 0.7 for my "official" weigh in
    Too much salt in foods out gets me every time and not enough water intake on the weekends. I'll get there and I'm still on the right path
  • KarenGa4
    Options
    I gained a 2 pounds this week. Not a good weekend for me. That's what happens when I don't track my food intake. Next week I will make sure and loose it and then some.

Okay you gained 2 lbs, we all have those times -- just stay the course, in the next few weeks you could lose double the weight. Slow and steady, just stay on your journey. Even if you have a day, or a weekend or even a week where you don't do as well, never lose your focus, get back in there. We are doing this for us, for our families so that we can have fun in life, we can run, climb, jump, whatever. Just stay the course. Last year I did not do well during the summer months with all the vacations and the picnics and cookouts, but at the end of the year I lost 76 lbs. It wasn't the 100 lbs I wanted, but it was 76 LBS. AND THAT IS HUGE. So we are not going to get discouraged. Are we going to do this. We have taken total control over our lives, over food and guess what, not only can we do this, people, we ARE doing this.

So come here often and let us keep encouraging each other. Have a wonderful day.
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It's almost the weekend, everybody be strong and log so we can have success and celebrate next week!
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi all, this week's weight is 267.8. starting weigh 272, so down 4. Yay me! I have to work to at least maintain it over the week-end. I've been treating myself every 25 pounds, and I got a nice purse at 75. For my next, I'm not sure...maybe a pair of skates...