Hello all, I'm new to DDP.

Options
mari_moulin
mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
I'm just waiting on my DVD's to be delivered. I'm anxious to get started and hoping it will be good despite my bad hips and knees. How has it worked for everyone else in here? How did you all find out about it. I learned about it watching a video of Arthur the disabled Vet, when I saw his story I was in tears and wanted to know how he did it. I did the research and saw that it was DDP Yoga and decided to give it a go.

Replies

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the Arthur video sold me on it. I'd heard about it before that, but that's what convinced me to try.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh that video had me crying like a little girl. I was sobbing when he began to run! I'm still waiting I suspect my package is getting thru customs in Paris cause it arrive there 3 days ago. Grrr can't wait to get them. How has the workout worked for you so far?
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    They're good workouts. For a while, I was doing the more advanced stuff (not the extreme) daily. I was a little obsessed with handstands for a while and could do headstand push-ups. I've since branched out into other areas of exercise (lifting and running, mostly).

It really helped with a serious ankle/lower leg injury I had/have, so I tend to recommend it to people who are trying to help with pre-existing injuries.

If you want weight numbers (which I rarely bother with anymore), I went from 274 lbs to 189 lbs the first year. Obviously, a better diet was the main thing there. I didn't follow the DDP Yoga meal plan, because I saw little point in dropping dairy or grains. I just logged via MFP. I'm not anywhere near 189 now, but that's a combination of bulking and being more interested in building muscle/strength than weighing as little as possible.