Monday, January 18, 2016

Options
PinkNinjaLaura
PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
12494684_951561478231544_215801328568905886_n.jpg?oh=54c566c30c57b6b1205e639a581add76&oe=5748E075

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Happy Monday! It is a holiday here, but my office is open so I'm at work today.

Thursday, Friday & Saturday I was just down. Friday early afternoon I was at the dentist and was at my threshold for being around people. I still had to finish out the workday and go to Target & Walmart, but then I went home. Saturday I had a baby shower and a birthday party to go to, with some errands I needed to get done in between. It was too cold to run outside (as in dangerously cold, not just unpleasantly cold) so on the way home from the birthday party I went to the gym & did 5 miles on the AMT. That helped my mood. Yesterday I didn't leave the house. I washed dishes, cleaned the kitchen & bathroom, picked up the living room, did laundry, and got a few other tasks done that I've been putting off. I also did some reading, some coloring, and I got in a nap. It was a good mental health day.

Val -- tell us about the marathon!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Laura, that stinks that you're at the office today. Also, I'm glad you asked about the race...I didn't want to pressure val, but I've also been wondering!

Today was pretty average. About 13,000 steps. Had some ankle/Achilles pain (not calf), but I've been so hopeful that I decided to do something about it. I went and bought new shoes with a higher rise to them. I think the ibuprofen plus the higher heel drop has been helping with the healing process, so I wanted to have some to wear all the time (can't wear my boots all the time and my other shoes+heel insert just aren't really relieving m calves much). Fingers crossed. At times I've felt like this will never go away, like its my new normal...but I have to keep up hope instead. Hoping to workout in my new shoes too, after finish the ibuprofen and feel better.

My eating has been (I thought) good. Nonetheless, the scale hates me. I just have to keep it up anyway I guess.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi all weekend got too busy to be online.

I got lots of walking in and having fun. We came home a day early because too many storms tomorrow.

I get what you mean about fill of people Laura, after spending 3 days with 3 strong opininated women I am mentally exhausted. One lady caused some problems and thankfully she was the one staying with her son and not us. She was rude to both me and driver for no reason. I think she had issues.

I am very happy to be home. Afraid to look at scale tomorrow but well.....

Looking forward to hearing about race Val. Your pic was cute of daughter and hubby.