I am traci

Options
TraciBru
TraciBru Posts: 15 Member
I am traci trying to learn to eat cleaner.

Replies

• doxeposse
    doxeposse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Traci! You've come to the right place; MFP is full of people who want to eat cleaner. The hard part for me was defining what "clean eating" meant. To me, it means choosing organic, non-processed, natural foods whenever possible. Of course, sometimes I have to eat something processed (example: tonight we are having tacos with grass fed beef, organic bell peppers, organic salad, but the taco shells are processed). I try and follow the 80/20 rule. If 80% of my daily food is "clean" then I feel good about my eating habits that day.
  • RissaHaynes
    RissaHaynes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing about the "clean eating" way of life is that it's self defined. For me, the way I eat is not about trying to conquer my waistline, but to take care of myself. I want to be well because I know that taking care of my body helps me take care of the rest of myself. My goal when grocery shopping or going to a restaurant or snacking at the house is to ask myself what the best decision for that moment would be. It's not about NEVER eating processed food or meat or your favorite candy. It's about taking everything in moderation and enjoying the moment in a way that will help you to enjoy the future as well.