Thoughts on pasta zero?

Options
anna114400
anna114400 Posts: 15 Member
I made some chicken fettuccini for dinner with pasta zero noodles. I just learned of these recently, but was hesitant to try them. It turned out pretty good, a bit of an adjustment to the texture, but I was happy overall. Just curious what you guys think of them?

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Are those the same ad shirataki noodles? I tried those years ago, made from some sort of yam or something. I couldn't stomach the texture, they were like slimy rubber bands. Maybe the ones you tried are different?
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I tried them, and think they are one and the same @auntstephie321. I don't think I allowed them to assume the flavor of the dish and will try them again (since I have some, lol!!). My hubby liked them, I could leave them!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Yep, then are indeed the same thing as Shirataki Noodles...Miracle Noodles...Miracle Rice...Zero Noodles, etc. Zero Noodles are my favorite brand followed by Miracle Noodles. It took a short while for me to get used to them but now they are my go to whenever I want pasta or rice. I'm not a big fan of Zucchini so I was never able to get into or really even like Zoodles...but to each their own, right?! lol
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I love them! :heart:

Though I will say they are definitely not a direct swap for pasta....

They don't really absorb sauce like normal pasta does (even when you dry fry them for ages!), but they work alright with creamy, cheesy sauces that stick to the noodles. I find they work best in Asian cuisine where rice or glass noodles would normally be used. Dry frying them first is an absolute MUST though. Otherwise they have a distinctly slimy texture that's hard to get over, rather than just being slightly chewy.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Maybe I didn't cook them right, it was years ago I might try then again since I've seen several posts about them being good recently.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I recently tried them and wondered if I had rinsed them well enough, even though I felt like I rinsed them for a long time. The texture and taste takes some getting used to but if you have enough sauce or seasoning in your dish it could be ok. They remind me of ramen noodles. I'll give them another go.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    They're ok, they kind of take on the flavor of whatever you cook them with. I didn't care too much for the texture, I prefer spaghetti squash.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I recently made chicken soup with them, never heard of them before...then saw them in Walmart. I really like them!

I posts pics in the discussion about "what your low carb meals look like"

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program