Weekly Post 18. - 24.01.16

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
Starting our weekly thread a bit late...

I was in the mountains for a few days and got back yesterday. Mainly a very lazy weekend due to the weather, but I got in two walks and one little snow shoe hike. Lots of food and too much wine, great people and lots of fun. Still down 1.2kg since Jan 2nd and fasting today and Thursday. Might throw in a low day on Friday.

Date last week went very well...seems I am no longer single after a very very long time. I shall see how it develops. Meeting up for dinner tomorrow and spending much of next weekend together. Something very new for me...a guy that actually lives up to what he said, he was on the online plattform and someone, who wants to 'make room' for a relationship. Enjoying the attention.

A little NSV - felt very good about myself this weekend and noticed people, who have known me for many years are reacting differently. Seems I have developed more self confidence as I feel good about myself inside and out. Nice to see the effects of my change mirrored by the outside world.

Have a great week and greetings from the Swiss Alps B)
c8do2jjkatug.jpg

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for your budding relationship! You sound cautiously optimistic, which is understandable. Fingers crossed for you!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Oh flumi!! I so agree with flossy and so happy for you too!! Glad you had a great weekend away and thank you for the beautiful photo!! B)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Ha ha, Yup..at 46...cautiously optimistic is probably a good way to put it ;) But we speak the same language on many levels and have similarly varied interests. And he's a gentleman I can really count on. Likes to please and can talk about his own needs, wishes and feelings. He might be a keeper. So yes...I am optimistic and looking forward to tomorrow's dinner date B)
  • PalmChris
    PalmChris Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    makes me want to yodel....
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Finished my first FD of the week. Went a little over my calorie budget, but I'm still calling it a success. I'm not expecting a big loss this week. My TOM was last week and I always see a nice loss after, which I did. So this week might not produce anything significant.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    PalmChris wrote: »
    makes me want to yodel....
    Bahahahaaa!!! :D

Well the last 7 days I must confess have been quite overindulgent! So much so, that I've not logged the quantities of wine I've enjoyed or the butter on my veggies or the extra chocolate bar from last night! I did 2 fast days last mon & tues b2b then bam! Overindulged every day since. Maybe this is my period of falling of the wagon a little, or getting that feeling of complacency just because I fit into smaller sized pants 2 weeks ago. My struggles are non fast days..... I know just having less of a regular family meal is the plan but this week I ate quantities I shouldn't. So that's my confession for the week and probably won't ever do 2 fast days in a row again!! :s:s
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Live and learn, mama. That's all we can do. <3

Gorgeous photo, flumi! I want to go back to Europe so bad. I spent my teen years in West Berlin, which tells you how long it's been since I've been there, lol. We've been trying to plan a summer trip,
    but things keep coming up to prevent it. Maybe this summer, I think we'll finally have both the cash and the free time to do it at the same time.

My first FD was easy. The fasting is getting easier and easier, in fact, even on days I'm not fasting I usually only want to eat around 800 calories, which is not enough. So I tempt myself to eat more and
    wind up going overboard. Finding balance is the key, I suppose.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Oh @flumi_f I'm so happy for you! Have fun and enjoy yourself!

I have been waking up each morning and pretending they are fast days. Monday and Tuesday I made in at the 500 mark and
    yesterday I was still pretending and made it to the 1300 mark. It has helped me stay on track. 2lbs down with my last weigh-in
    and hoping to keep at it.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Thanks @boombalatty123 and yes, balance is key!! . :#
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    So happy for you @flumi_f hope it works out for you.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

Probably about 200 cals over my fast today. Will keep it low tomorrow. Shouldn't be too hard. Busy work day, visit to the cosmetician in the late afternoon and then off to Zurich in the evening to spend the weekend with my new bf. Wow, that feels new and strange and really nice all at the same time ;)
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    My schedule this week changed a little. My normal FD are Tues and Fri because of dance, however my class was moved to today. So I decided today would be a FD instead of tomorrow. So far so good. I don't like having one day in between FD because I find it makes me really hungry. But I'm doing ok and glad to have taken the opportunity to use such a busy day to fast. Tomorrow would have been difficult...lots of down time. Sometimes we have to seize an opportunity even when it doesn't fit into our "plan".
  • Marmitegeoff
    Options
    Even though I am carbo loading today in preparation for tomorrow's 212 km bike ride, I am still a little under my target.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Wow, Marmite!! 212 km? Good luck tomorrow, although I'm sure you're prepared!! Way to go!
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Marmitegeoff!

I'm carb loading in preparation for the 12"-24" of snow I'll probably have to shovel tomorrow. :#
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Can I carb load with out the shoveling? :p
  • Marmitegeoff
    Options
    It was enjoyable, today, at the time it was a little hard going. never mind I did it. first of the year. done.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Options
    boomblatty1 I hope that the snow is not too bad for you.

flumi any long duration exercise works for carbo loading. I was on the bike for 12 hours.