Keto protein smoothies

Lillith32
Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
I am wondering what kind of smoothies I can make with low-carb protein powder. Sometimes I come home super late and super tired after a long run/workout and don't want to cook or eat anything hot and solid. I am wondering if anyone has a recipe for a tasty smoothie. Bonus points if it's dairy free. Thanks!

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    When I'm in the mood for a smoothie, I usually make a berry smoothie of some kind and to make it dairy free, just use coconut milk instead of heavy whipping cream; however, recently I've really been liking Mexican hot chocolate which I guess is similar to a smoothie though I usually don't add protein in any form to it and Egg Nog which of courses uses the eggs itself for the source of protein...and again to make it dairy free just replace the HWC with coconut milk. YUM!!

Recipe for Breakfast Berry Smoothie:

Makes 1 serving

3 ounces ice
    1 tablespoon olive oil (do not use coconut oil if you plan on putting this in the refrigerator overnight because it will get solid)
    1 scoop strawberry flavored protein (or whatever berry flavor you prefer)
    3 ounces heavy whipping cream or coconut milk
    3 ounces strawberries (or your preferred berries of choice)
    2 tablespoons Torani Sugar-Free Strawberry Syrup (or the same equivalent of your preferred sweetener).

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm a chocoholic and peanut butter fanatic, so mine tend to be:

3-4oz heavy cream
    6-8oz milk of choice
    1/2-1tbsp cocoa powder (if not using chocolate protein powder)
    1-1.5 scoops protein powder
    1-2tbsp peanut butter or choice of nut butter
    handful of ice either in the blender (shake) or cup (thick, non-shake drink)

Blend, pour, enjoy :)

I also found an "energizing hot cocoa" that's pretty good and low carb, and could be modified to use protein powder, likely:

8oz milk of choice (I do the cream and milk blend above)
    1tbsp cocoa powder
    1tbsp maca powder (optional, does add carbs)
    dash of cayenne pepper
    dash of cinnamon
    dash of salt
    sweetener to taste
    1tsp-1tbsp coconut oil (original recipe calls for 1tsp, but I like it better with a little more)

Heat, blend, pour, enjoy :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    I'm a chocoholic and peanut butter fanatic, so mine tend to be:

3-4oz heavy cream
    6-8oz milk of choice
    1/2-1tbsp cocoa powder (if not using chocolate protein powder)
    1-1.5 scoops protein powder
    1-2tbsp peanut butter or choice of nut butter
    handful of ice either in the blender (shake) or cup (thick, non-shake drink)

Blend, pour, enjoy :)

I also found an "energizing hot cocoa" that's pretty good and low carb, and could be modified to use protein powder, likely:

8oz milk of choice (I do the cream and milk blend above)
    1tbsp cocoa powder
    1tbsp maca powder (optional, does add carbs)
    dash of cayenne pepper
    dash of cinnamon
    dash of salt
    sweetener to taste
    1tsp-1tbsp coconut oil (original recipe calls for 1tsp, but I like it better with a little more)

Heat, blend, pour, enjoy :)

OMG I've already filled out tomorrows diary with the peanut butter smoothie :lol: Except i'm also going to add spinach and avocado.