Tummy Rumbling

Options
Tawnykakers1
Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
Since my surgery I do not feel hungry and I don't get that gurgling noise when my tummy is empty. The second I eat food it sounds like a monster in there with all the rumbling and gurgling. I eat slow and at the most it is about 1/2 cup of food. Does anyone else get this? Should I be concerned?

Replies

• bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I feel almost the same way, except I do get "hungry". But it is not like the old hunger, more of an empty feeling and the need for more fuel--difficult to explain. I do hear lots of noises as I eat and for a bit afterwards. This happens no matter how carefully I chew or no matter what the food may be. I am also eating about 1/2 cup total. Sometimes 1/4 cup protein and 1/2 cup soft pureed or chopped veggies, but I can't quite finish it the veggies.

It is odd to hear the noises--you'd think we'd hear less coming from smaller stomachs!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It definitely gets noisy after surgery, but it either settles down or you get used to it, in any case it's not been a problem for me.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Options
    Good to hear its not just me. It was just one of those little things that I wasn't sure about it. So I guess I am normal! lol
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yeah, things are much noisier, sounds like bubbles and drains being unclogged
  • JadedMage
    JadedMage Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    haha mine does the same thing :)
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Tons of noises post-op! It does get better, but it still pops up at weird times.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Options
    This just never came up in any classes or in my reading material. Now I just talk back to it. lol Thanks for sharing your experiences!
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Lol you crack me up! I call mine my "little monster"
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Yes!! - Loud and sometimes embarrassing.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Mine was embarrassing! So many loud noises. But it did eventually go away after a few months.
  • gaining_while_losing
    Options
    Oh goodness - in the beginning it was INSANELY LOUD. Thank goodness, though, it has settled down tremendously for me. :-)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it actually goes away, in my case. I think I've just gotten used to it, lol! But yes, loud! My son can hear it from a cross the room!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,690 Member
    Options
    Been over two years, and my weight is normal, and I eat normal, but the tummy is still noisy. My coworkers grin when we're sitting in a meeting and it starts gurgling. They think I'm just hungry all the time, but it doesn't need to be empty to sing. It's just a conversational little thing...
  • uawxman
    uawxman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Happens to me too. I just got used to it.
  • misspastiche
    misspastiche Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My stomach rumbles but then after I'm no longer hungry. It's kind of weird ....