You might be on a low-carb diet if...

2»

Replies

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    You eat a filling and satisfying bfast every morning of an egg fried in butter, covered in provolone melted cheese, with a creamy coffee and your blood sugars barely budge!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited January 2016
    You call ketchup, "sugar sauce". ;)
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Carrots go from being a "health food" to an occasional "treat". I can't believe how sweet they taste now that I don't eat sugar!
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    ... you can't read the general mfp forums without cringing the whole time... with some discussions being almost physically painful to read...
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    When you use pickle juice to relieve headaches! It works!
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    sault_girl wrote: »
    ... you can't read the general mfp forums without cringing the whole time... with some discussions being almost physically painful to read...

Or you feel really bad for these "I'm under my calories but not losing, help!" threads. Then you see what they're eating and aren't surprised.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    carlsoda wrote: »
    .... Pretty sad when you know something will help people but that's not what their "doctor" recommends. Doctors know nothing except when to expect the kick-back check from the pharm companies.

Imagine my horror when I found out that my new family practice physician is vegan!! He otherwise seems quite reasonable and conservative and not a pill pusher so I'll stick with him, perhaps dabbing a little bacon grease on my pulse points before each visit, like the wicked temptress I am.

• BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    ...you do not feel the slightest bit of guilt purchasing the half gallon of heavy whipping cream at CostCo.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    ...you use cherry tomatoes the way you used chocolate candy. Yum, how sweet and delicious... and you stop at 2 or 3, having satisfied that sweet craving.
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    ... your sister-in-law tells you that on numerous occasions she has caught your 4-year-old niece eating sticks of butter, and you think, "that's my kind of girl!"
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    When your argument with a 'weight-loss expert' at work goes something like this:
    Him: I got a degree in this and work with John Hopkins!
    You: So did the people recommending cigarettes in the 1950s. Here are some books, articles and research about this topic.
    Him: ...
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited January 2016
    carlsoda wrote: »
    .... Pretty sad when you know something will help people but that's not what their "doctor" recommends. Doctors know nothing except when to expect the kick-back check from the pharm companies.

Imagine my horror when I found out that my new family practice physician is vegan!! He otherwise seems quite reasonable and conservative and not a pill pusher so I'll stick with him, perhaps dabbing a little bacon grease on my pulse points before each visit, like the wicked temptress I am.

LOL :D
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    When your argument with a 'weight-loss expert' at work goes something like this:
    Him: I got a degree in this and work with John Hopkins!
    You: So did the people recommending cigarettes in the 1950s. Here are some books, articles and research about this topic.
    Him: ...

Really? LOL I wouldn't have had the guts. Excellent! :D
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,967 Member
    You buy your bacon in 3lbs. bags 2or3 @ a time.

>:) or o:)
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    You know the perimeter of the grocery store like the back of your hand but the middle.... :s
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    I'm lost in the middle now too! Lol!!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    You cringe in horror when you take orders for a Starbucks run and everyone wants a skinny, non-fat latte!!!

You want to cry when you see your mother-in-law bring out the "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray for her bread. Oh I totally believe it's NOT butter.

You want to slap people who suggest switching to low fat or skim milk with whole grain cereal for breakfast in order to be "healthy".
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    When the freezer in your garage goes from:

Top Shelf: Ice Cream and Popsicles -> Turkey and Pork
    Middle Shelf: Frozen pasta, gnocchi and potatoes -> Beef
    Bottom Shelf: Frozen corn, nasty freezer meals, random meat and more dessert type things -> Chicken

The only other thing in my freezer besides meat at the moment is some frozen lobster bisque, seafood and a small package of no sugar added fudgecicles. Went to Costco for a meat haul this past weekend and it was fun!