low carb friendly cake

Options
AshleyC1023
AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
My birthday is coming up this weekend and my oldest son is pretty adamant that we do cake. I suggested that I make a cake and they can eat it for me (cake really doesn't even sound appealing in the least and I am not excited nor do I feel tempted) but he wants to make it and said maybe we could find something I could eat...still not excited about the idea of cake, I have a feeling it wouldn't settle all that well.
So, any work arounds here? I don't like stevia at all, or sweet and low, truvia, etc. I think I'd rather skip it all, but this is going to play into teenager butthurt. Would a low carb cheesecake be weird for a birthday? I used to make a decadent zucchini and dark chocolate cake, but it used regular white flour and sugar in it. I haven't found any fake sugar that even tastes remotely nice to me, they all leave a gross after-taste.

I tried to explain that I'll be 31 and don't really care about my birthday, just for them to not fight and keep the house tidy and I'm happy. His response "I'd rather get you something, that sounds too hard." Lol, kids.

Replies