A look at what LCHF can do!

Options
KarlaYP
KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
I had the first cat scan in Dec, 2014, the second was in Dec, 2015. The radiologist commented about the decrease in visceral, and subcutaneous fat! In the first picture the outline of my abdomen barely fit into their shot! I have these done because I have bilateral adrenal adenomas that, per protocol, need to be scanned yearly for five years, and as long as there's no changes I'm good! They were found incidentally when having a cat scan in preparation for another issue! Anyway, that's why I have them done. It just so happens the first was just one month before starting keto! The visceral fat difference I can't really see, but the subcutaneous (just below the skin) change is neat to see!
mybheul1t96w.jpg

020ijqyc2r0k.jpg

My endocrinologist was very happy with my results! Very happy too that I'm doing well on a ketogenic diet! He said that his other patients who have tried keto told him they felt terrible. I told him about the electrolytes and fat levels! He asked me for book recommendations, so I told him about Phinney and Volek, and Keto Clarity too! When I mentioned the need for sodium his response was automatic about it affecting blood pressure but I pointed to mine (118/78! :smiley: ) and he said, "I need to read more!" It was wonderful! Even his nurse was encouraged with the changes she saw and my recommendation for eating this way, especially the coconut oil since she is Indian, and they use that a lot in their traditional recipes!

I'm so happy that I found this woe!!

Sorry about the pictures! I don't have a computer to use to post them directly to mfp! My computer barely limped to display the files! It couldn't even open mfp! Anyway, sorry about the picture quality!

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a huge difference, especially in the subcutaneous. Great job! :)

(Bookmarked!)
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Thanks for the pictures. I love hearing about providers that are questioning the current SAD guidelines.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! What a great comparison. :) quite amazing.

That's great that your doctor is so open minded too.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    This is so great! Thank you for sharing the scans. I love how he said "I need to read more"
    Priceless!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Very nice Karlotta! Thanks for posting! <3

Dan
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks Karla!
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thats really neat! Congrats!!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    very impressive!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • MerryOne00
    MerryOne00 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow! Very interesting!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great! And I'm glad you have such a good doctor!