Low Stomach Acid

Options
So, here's the thing. Low stomach acid (and therefore reduced nutrient absorption) can be a thing for us hypos. I have discovered a stomach acid supplement to *fix* that problem, and I'm all "WHY DID NO ONE EVER TELL ME ABOUT THIS?" So I'm telling you guys. Betaine HCL with pepsin stomach acid supplement, taken with every meal containing more than 15g of protein has changed the way I eat.

Holy cow. I used to CRAVE CARBS. I'd feel sick if I didn't get enough carbs in a day. Increasing protein for lifting was torture. But not on the acid supplements. Now that I can actually *digest* protein properly, I have lost the craving for carbs. I can eat what my menu-planning tells me I should without having to fight intense cravings. PLUS, I don't have to supplement quite so many vitamins.

I lost 6 lbs without even trying, and my husband lost 5. I'm not saying this will help you lose weight, but it might make it easier for you to eat right, if you're having a digestion problem.

There are CAVEATS to taking a stomach acid supplement. Before you go out and get some, you should do a bit of reading and decide if it is right for you. But DO go read about it. I never new you could supplement your stomach acid. It makes such a huge difference for me.

Anyway... I just... I wanted to share.