C10K, W3, D2

Options
DeeDiddyGee
DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
Hello, Woggers:

New job is still kicking my butt! However, I have a moment to post today's workout. This week is a bit tougher, right? Persist and you shall overcome!

Here is today's workout:

W3, D2
5 minute walking warm-up (remember to stretch those legs first) •Jog 1.5 minutes
•Walk 3 minutes
•Repeat 6 times
5 minute cool-down (remember to stretch those legs after the workout)

Have a great day!

Dee :)

Replies

• d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Didn't notice on W3D1, but saw Dee's workout description today and just checked my app. Mine shows; jog 1.5 min, walk 1.5, jog 3 min, walk 3 min, repeat four times for all of Week 3.

In any event, 10K app W3D2 complete (yesterday). Guess I was not meant to save programs on this treadmill. After I completed the workout, but before I could even try to save the program, I accidentally tugged the safety key just the tiniest amount causing the treadmill to reset. [AGGRRR]. No point trying to save W3D3 other than just for practice and W4 is the last week where all three days match. After Week 5, there just aren't enough speed changes to matter.

Also did 10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups as a start toward preparing for my APFT testing. Feeling the push-ups in my shoulders today. (I'll have to figure out how to stretch those out next time.) Preparing to begin Fitness 22's 'Pushups Pro' and 'Situps Pro' ten week programs to complete 100 push-ups and 200 sit-ups. Very similar program to ZL's 10K app. Workout three non-consecutive days a week comprised of progressive intervals.

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained." Marie Curie
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Completed w3 d2. Also got my PiYo done.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    d_thomas02 wrote: »
    Didn't notice on W3D1, but saw Dee's workout description today and just checked my app. Mine shows; jog 1.5 min, walk 1.5, jog 3 min, walk 3 min, repeat four times for all of Week 3.

In any event, 10K app W3D2 complete (yesterday). Guess I was not meant to save programs on this treadmill. After I completed the workout, but before I could even try to save the program, I accidentally tugged the safety key just the tiniest amount causing the treadmill to reset. [AGGRRR]. No point trying to save W3D3 other than just for practice and W4 is the last week where all three days match. After Week 5, there just aren't enough speed changes to matter.

Also did 10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups as a start toward preparing for my APFT testing. Feeling the push-ups in my shoulders today. (I'll have to figure out how to stretch those out next time.) Preparing to begin Fitness 22's 'Pushups Pro' and 'Situps Pro' ten week programs to complete 100 push-ups and 200 sit-ups. Very similar program to ZL's 10K app. Workout three non-consecutive days a week comprised of progressive intervals.

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained." Marie Curie

Hi, Dave!

1. Are you using the Zen Labs version of C10K?
    2. GREAT quote!

• d_thomas02
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi, Dave!

2. GREAT quote!
    Looks like Zen Labs offers the following running apps for my iphone 6s:

C25K free (I did this one years ago)
    C25K PRO $2.99
    10K free (the app I'm using now)
    10K PRO $3.99
    13.1 Half Marathon Trainer PRO $9.99
    26.2 Marathon Trainer Pro $9.99

Here is a screenshot from my phone for Zen Labs 10K free app for W3D3.

2xla288bzggy.jpg

And, thanks on the quote. I kinda like looking for them since this is my slow season at work.

Currently we've had freezing drizzle glazing the roads in black ice followed by 2-3 inches of snow on top over night. Not been called to run the snowplow yet but expecting it soon.

Come spring, I won't have much time for extras like quotes. I'm betting I'll be doing good just logging my calories.
  • d_thomas02
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Completed w3 d2. Also got my PiYo done.

@determined24girl, How am I suppose to live vicariously through your workout if that is all you give me? Details girl, details. ;)
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    d_thomas02 wrote: »
    Hi, Dave!

2. GREAT quote!
    Looks like Zen Labs offers the following running apps for my iphone 6s:

C25K free (I did this one years ago)
    C25K PRO $2.99
    10K free (the app I'm using now)
    10K PRO $3.99
    13.1 Half Marathon Trainer PRO $9.99
    26.2 Marathon Trainer Pro $9.99

Here is a screenshot from my phone for Zen Labs 10K free app for W3D3.

2xla288bzggy.jpg

And, thanks on the quote. I kinda like looking for them since this is my slow season at work.

Currently we've had freezing drizzle glazing the roads in black ice followed by 2-3 inches of snow on top over night. Not been called to run the snowplow yet but expecting it soon.

Come spring, I won't have much time for extras like quotes. I'm betting I'll be doing good just logging my calories.

My C10K is the same as yours.
  • d_thomas02
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just finished W3D3 with a sharp eye on the 10K app. Turns out each jog-walk cycle counts as a step. so..

warm-up: 5 min
    step 1: jog 1.5 min, walk 1.5 min
    step 2: jog 3 min, walk 3 min
    (rep 1)
    step 3: jog 1.5 min, walk 1.5 min
    step 4: jog 3 min, walk 3 min
    (rep 2)
    cool-down: 5 min

Total workout time is 28 minutes. Four steps, two reps.

I know I was confused. :/ But now its cool. B)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Hi, Dave:

YOU ARE CORRECT! I was on the wrong running program for Week 3. I am terribly sorry everyone! I have a couple of running programs, and I was tuned in to the wrong one. For W3D3, I am going to post the correct program – it will probably seem easy now that it is not as grueling as D1 and D2 that I posted.

Week 4 will be correct. Week 4 starts on Monday!

Hey, everyone, have a GREAT weekend. We are buckling down for a NorEaster.

Dee
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    No worries. I did something similar on W3D2. Had almost completed warm-up when I realized my 10K app was set on W5D1! :o:s Had to reset app and treadmill and then repeat the warm-up.