Help me with a recipe......

Options
Emily3907
Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
I am making this recipe for breakfasts next week. I have made it before and we love it, but my husband wants something with green peppers (and no mushrooms allowed). Help me figure out some other flavors to add to it. Normally I can figure this stuff out, but my brain is betraying me this morning. :)

http://lowcarbyum.com/broccoli-and-bacon-egg-casserole/

Replies

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Zucchini. Onion. Sausage. A little carrots, tomatoes if your carb budget allows.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Or you could take it different ethnic pathways by changing up the veggies and meats now and then. Pepperoni and tomatoes and garlic - Italian. Feta cheese, olives and beef - Greek. A few black beans, cumin and onions - Mexican. Looks like a great recipe to play with.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Or you could take it different ethnic pathways by changing up the veggies and meats now and then. Pepperoni and tomatoes and garlic - Italian. Feta cheese, olives and beef - Greek. A few black beans, cumin and onions - Mexican. Looks like a great recipe to play with.

Those are great ideas!

How about green peppers, cilantro and chipotle seasoning with Monterey cheese? Or even some taco seasoning gives it the right flavor. Serve it with a little avocado on the side or even make it guacamole. Sometimes when I want the flavor of guac, but don't feel like mashing it up, I just slice the avocado and sprinkle some guac seasoning packet on it. I've even added the guac seasoning packet to sour cream before for the flavor when I didn't have avocados.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Avocado is a great idea!
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Use mozarella cheese, bell pepper, onion, and steak - Philly cheesesteak omelet style. I made one the other morning and was stuffed all day. Use garlic powder and salt and pepper. It's amazingly good and "greasy" comfort food.
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Steak! For the win! Roast beef would work too. Man. I need to try this recipe! /drool
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas! That is why I love recipes like this, they are so easily adaptable to different flavors! I am kinda on a mexican kick lately, so I think I am going to do red and green peppers, chorizo and pepperjack cheese. Maybe even add a jalapeno or serve with some pico de gallo on top. The ideas are flowing now, but you guys came up with some things I never even considered!