Tell me about your home gym

Options
13»

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new setup @cruisin_scrapper Putting it together was part of the complimentary training program from the producers of your rack.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Fittreelol wrote: »
    Congrats on your new setup @cruisin_scrapper Putting it together was part of the complimentary training program from the producers of your rack.

Thanks! I was doing great, until it came time to put the top together. I needed 4 hands to put a bolt through a support plate, chin up bar, top side support bar and another support plate. All while balancing on a chair. :neutral: As much as I hated to call in reinforcements, I was glad DH was home! I hope the bench doesn't come with a bonus workout!
  • rlw911
    Options
    Got my bench and weight rack put together, so I thought I'd post a pic. I still have quite a few things to do to the room, like paint, attach the mirror to the wall in front of the rack and re-hang the ceiling fan. I'm actually going to use my gym tonight! Re-starting StrongLifts. :smile:

ejb818gvbjqg.jpg

When I got home from work yesterday, I found this on the wall. I think DH said he got it on ebay.
    4ksaf7zpku4q.jpg
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    That looks so good! And what a sweetie your husband is for getting that clock.
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome!
  • rlw911
    Options
    I had an awesome workout tonight! It felt so good to be truly lifting again! I didn't have to worry about panty lines showing or if my legs were shaved. No waiting on the squat rack or the bench press or finding someplace and a bar to do rows. I was able to sing out loud and even dance around. :blush: I even threw in a couple of deadlifts at the end, because I've only been able to do RDLs, due to not having space at the gym. This was definitely money well spent.
  • bruerin
    bruerin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    All of your gyms are so nice. Professional looking. Mine is just a hodge-podge of stuff in our basement. One of my goals for 2016 is to get a rack to put all of our dumbbells and kettlebells on. They currently sit on the floor.

@cruisin_scrapper --YES!!! What you describe is EXACTLY why I love working out at home. I love that clock too.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I had an awesome workout tonight! It felt so good to be truly lifting again! I didn't have to worry about panty lines showing or if my legs were shaved. No waiting on the squat rack or the bench press or finding someplace and a bar to do rows. I was able to sing out loud and even dance around. :blush: I even threw in a couple of deadlifts at the end, because I've only been able to do RDLs, due to not having space at the gym. This was definitely money well spent.

That made me lol, feel the same exact way! I put the radio on and just go at it! So happy for you!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Got my bench and weight rack put together, so I thought I'd post a pic. I still have quite a few things to do to the room, like paint, attach the mirror to the wall in front of the rack and re-hang the ceiling fan. I'm actually going to use my gym tonight! Re-starting StrongLifts. :smile:

ejb818gvbjqg.jpg

Hey! We have the same plate rack! ;)
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I ordered fractional weights!! @cruisin_scrapper your home gym looks great!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »

How much did they run you?

I'm looking in to getting some of them and a squat rack - maybe a power cage with cable pulls?
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    I got a set of weights on Amazon for under $40.
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Fractional plates are awesome! It's nice to feel like I'm still progressing even if I'm only adding 0.5kg.
  • rlw911
    Options

Thanks! I'm almost finished painting, so I can get the room the way I want it.

I got my fractionals from Amazon, also. It was a couple of years ago, but they were $35-40. They come in handy for bench and OHP, for sure!
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options

Thanks! I'm almost finished painting, so I can get the room the way I want it.

I got my fractionals from Amazon, also. It was a couple of years ago, but they were $35-40. They come in handy for bench and OHP, for sure!

I got some 0.6 lbs 2" washers for $12 for 8 of them at a company call Fastenal. He gave me a deal since I bought 8 of them. I really don't know what I'd do with them. I usually increase by 2.2 lbs but I have the option of increasing by as little as 1.2 if warranted.
    https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/33038
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    We don't have Fastensl stores that sell to the public here. I thought about ordering some online but I found a set from .25lb-1lb.
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    We don't have Fastensl stores that sell to the public here. I thought about ordering some online but I found a set from .25lb-1lb.

That's maybe better in that you can increase by .50 lbs. Btw, I missed typed as I meant $22 not $12.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options