Phentermine

Options
Due to my excessive weight gain over the last 3 months (20 pounds) for no reason, my doctor prescribed me Phentermine. Does anyone have any experience with the drug? I just took my first dose and feel like I have drank a Monster (I haven't touched the stuff in 3 years). Haven't felt jittery? I guess you would call it, in a long time. Anything I should watch out for? I spoke with the pharmacist but she really was no help, silently judging me for even filling it. Suggested I didn't. Really?

Replies

• Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was prescribed this back in the Phen-Fen days when you could get the combo to lose weight. I did get jumpy or "hyper", as I was called. The main side effect that I noticed would be dry mouth and occasionally, sorry to be graphic, constipation. It will kill your appetite, if you have a more voracious one. Back when I did the combo drugs, I lost 27 lbs in one month without exercise, just from the side effect of curbing my appetite.
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Phentermine is a cardiovascular stimulant. It will raise your blood pressure and your heart rate. It also has a diuretic effect at higher doses. If you take it short term and then go off it, your metabolism will crash and you will likely re-gain the weight. If you take it long term the consequences could be devastating. Please read my story located in my profile and don't take Phentermine or any other diet pill.
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Phentermine also causes psychosis. It can literally drive you insane.
  • dietdiva323
    dietdiva323 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I took phentermine for about 5 weeks. I think 15mg the first 2 wks, then 30mg the remaining 3 weeks. Along with B12/Lipoden injections, reduced calorie intake, and a diuretic (to make sure the phen didn't raise my blood pressure). I chose to stop bc the amount of weight I was losing (nearly 15lbs the 1st week) was frightening to me. I was never hungry. Although I never felt I was starving, I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that I could function normally.. without food. I'm almost certain if I would've continued I'd have developed issues with food. The jittery feeling never went away for me. Just wasn't worth it. I also gained all of the weight back that I'd lost once I stopped the program bc I couldn't stick to 1000 calories/day without the phentermine.
  • girlpowerx1
    girlpowerx1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was put on Phentermine. 37.5mg . It gave me the worses headache. After 2 days I stopped taking it. But so far I'm doing good at watching what I eat and eating smaller meals. I've lost 11lbs in 4 days.
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me that diet pills were part of an alien plot to propagate the species of a particular kind of aliens so they aren't safe for me. Takes the fat but it takes blood and bone with it as well, when they hatch and grow inside you and come out once they've "incubated" so to speak. It's illegal to seed a level five planet, you know.