Looking for an accountability partner

Options
I have just started 5:2 fasting and am looking for someone to lean on during fast days. I typically fast on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Replies

• jca1956
    jca1956 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How are you getting on ? I usually do monday and Wednesday but often flex it to Tuesday and Thursday depending on my workload. Support here if you need it.
  • Faye369
    Faye369 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 2 of the 5:2 .. my fast days are usually Monday and Thursday with an occasional shift to Monday and Wednesday. How is your journey going? I'm here for support and accountability if needed !
  • Marlisel2016
    Marlisel2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Glad to have found this! First fast day done.
  • Baruchuda
    Baruchuda Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just started this last week!
  • ChookyVW
    ChookyVW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on my first week of the 5:2 diet, currently trying my second fast day of the week. I ended up eating 640 calories on Sunday- I was just so hungry! I'm trying to stagger my meals better today. It helps to know there are other people doing it. I'd love to know how the 8:16 eating goes, although I don't think I'm ready to add that just yet!
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,
    I'm happy to be an accountability partner - I find it easier to stick to a fast when you know you're not alone.
    Most weeks I aim for Monday and Thursday unless work (I travel a bit) makes that too complicated.

On fast days I try not to eat through the day. I find it easier to wait and then have a reasonable dinner with my family. I drink plenty of water and also have tea and coffee. Of course sometimes it doesn't work like that 🙁.
    I'm convinced of the health benefits of this and am really trying to stick to 2 FDs a week.
    Good luck to everyone.......