Week 3?

Options
ErinKay_RN
ErinKay_RN Posts: 40 Member
How is everyone doing, so far? Staying motivated? Are we doing a good job keeping each other accountable?

Replies

• SKalltheway
    SKalltheway Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey Erin, work has been killing me lately, add on top my wife been away (so Im single Dad) -- its been busy. But, but but-- I've stayed 100% to my diet - yeah. Exercise had to give yesterday, but otherwise very good week.

I do feel the 'new years buzz' wearing off a bit - the excitement, commitment and motivation - having said that I was expecting it, and am still VERY motivated.

How is your week going?

Im hoping to get more active in this group over the weekend and next week - to help up the accountability factor!
  • ErinKay_RN
    ErinKay_RN Posts: 40 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm doing great! I've also stuck to my diet 100% and have exercised all but three days since I've started. I'm down 10 lbs.

I also feel the buzz wearing away and I'm worried about staying motivated as loss will probably slow down soon. I'm committed, though! My husband has changed his eating habits with me and even though he hasn't started working out (yet, I'm working on starting something together) and of course he's losing weight even quicker than I am. I wonder if that's because I'm also building muscle because I am working out or if it's just one of those things because he's a guy. I'm not jealous, I'm glad we're changing our habits together, just curious.
  • SKalltheway
    Options
    How many times have you lost this same 10 lbs. Im down about 10 too, and I've probably lost this same 10 lbs 20 times... But this time that cycle stops!

Your hubby may have lost as much/more - but does he weigh more? As a percentage maybe you are losing more than him. Ultimately though its a slow march towards a goal we've set, and the march is worth it, just like reaching the goal is worth it.
  • SusanLR9
    SusanLR9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That whole discussion was very motivating...thanks!
  • Dibben9
    Dibben9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Evening all, week 3? More of the same. Keeping my eating sensible, and resisting the temptation of eating a lot at work (nice subsidised restaurant). Only thing I could try to do is eat dinner a little earlier. Hop to keep walking at least 10k steps per day too.
  • Back4Good2016
    Back4Good2016 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! It's been a busy week. I'm keeping the exercise going and slowly increasing the running during my walks. Diet wise, apart from the day I had to entertain some customers (Chinese buffet etc) I've stuck to my plan and lost a good amount of weight. I did a 3 day juicing detox from Wednesday to Friday and really enjoyed it, I feel refreshed and energised. This coming week I'll carry on as normal but might have to rest a couple of evenings so I can get in my home recording studio so being good with food will be crucial. I used to sit at my desk with unlimited supply of coffee and biscuits...
    I see everyone is doing great though! Keep going!
    :-)
  • SKalltheway
    Options
    This group is doing very well.... here is to another successful week (week 4!!!) for all of us!
  • sutibo
    sutibo Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Week 3 was OK for me, didn't log at the weekend because of life but managed to avoid sugar and eat what I think were sensible choices but probably ate too much because of not logging. Spent a few hours on Sunday walking with the dog though so didn't feel too guilty about the food.

Back on track today for week 4 though - I really like the routine of work days.

I caught a bit of the US biggest loser on YouTube and they switched the trainers around or something and people were upset but one of the trainers talked about staying on track when life changes. This struck a chord with me. I have no routine for weekends, it's family time, so I can easily be knocked off course.

So I've got 5 work days to try and reinforce good habits.