• KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My challenge to myself:
    -Log 50 miles of walking, and maybe slip some jogging in
    -Work the upper body, at least 10 sessions with the weights
    -Lose 6 pounds down to 194

-Kevin

The month is half over and I see no reason I can't make each of my goals. I've already logged 10 walks for over 41 miles and have had 6 weight lifting workouts. Plus the first two goals is contributing to me making the third goal. I've lost 5 lbs down to 195. I had planned on taking a vacation next week, but had to cancel. Staying at home should help me stay on course. :wink:
  • KevinS62
    Options
    I'm at 53.6 miles so far.

Good job!

-Kevin
  • KevinS62
    Options
    Happy birthday Phil, and a big congrats on getting below 330!
  • kobrien65
    kobrien65 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I weighed this morning and was down 3 lbs. I am now below 330 lbs....... 328 to be exact. That was a nice way to start the sixties......

Phil
    352/328/299

Happy Birthday Phil..way to go on the loss.
  • kobrien65
    kobrien65 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The month is half over and I see no reason I can't make each of my goals. I've already logged 10 walks for over 41 miles and have had 6 weight lifting workouts. Plus the first two goals is contributing to me making the third goal. I've lost 5 lbs down to 195. I had planned on taking a vacation next week, but had to cancel. Staying at home should help me stay on course. :wink:

Good job, and good luck! I came back from vacation and was only up 2.5 lbs so I've got that to lose to get back to where I was and then another 2 to get below 200. I swear that is a concrete floor I just can't seem to get below. I guess with two weeks left in July, that's my goal. I am going to bust that 200lb mark before end of July or die trying.
  • pgmayer
    pgmayer Posts: 53
    Options
    ....yesterday was a great day for me..... I met all of my goals for July...... even went to bed early and got a good night's sleep!

I was hoping to break 320 this month. That will be tough. Maybe I should set more realistic goals........ or maybe I should push a little harder!!

The important thing is.......

.....stay the course....

Phil
    352/328/299
  • pgmayer
    Options
    Kevin...... way to go.......

I have a request...... until I get to know people's names....... could you say your name or whatever you want to be called at the end of the posts........ it would help a new guy like me....

thanks

Phil
  • KevinS62
    Options
    I have a request...... until I get to know people's names....... could you say your name or whatever you want to be called at the end of the posts........ it would help a new guy like me....

thanks

Phil

They don't allow us to have signatures in here and I forget half the time.

i THINK i SAW WHERE (Damn Caps) we can change our login name. It says you can only do it once. I might try to change mine to Kevin or KevinS. I hadn't done it yet as I'll probably need to sync my logonIDs with the phone, Runtastic App, computer, iPad, etc.
  • Ragtees
    Ragtees Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Very up and down month. I've done alot of driving to my son's college and ate out alot more / exercised alot less than I would have liked. Still successfull at losing a pound in the last week and a half, need to drop 3 more to hit my goal this month. It's strange how out of whack you feel when you get thrown off your exercise routine.

-Rich
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    1) Lose 6 lbs (weight of 207 lbs).
    Bouncing around the same 214 - 212lbs. Can't seem to break out of this trend. Clothes are looser, look a little better in the mirror, fiance is happy. So, I'll accept that I might not make this one.

2) Log 80 miles walking and/or jogging (beach walks earn double miles).
    I'm at 71.5 with more than a week to go. So, I'll definitely make this one.

3) Log at least 12 weight training sessions.
    Logged four sessions this week, nine total. I set up a plan on my Gain Fitness app, so I get reminders to get my planned session done. Having a pre-set workout coded in helps me get in a full weight session during lunch (late lunch).

4) No beer in July.
    I've done this so far this month. A few heavy wine nights, but overall, not too bad.
  • KevinS62
    Options
    amisnerpa - Sounds like you're doing it. Just at a plateau, possibly. I know I got stuck at one and took forever to go from 210 to 200. Keep up what you're doing and you'll break through it. And, the 71.5 miles is awesome.
  • KevinS62
    Options
    My challenge to myself:
    -Log 50 miles of walking, and maybe slip some jogging in
    -Work the upper body, at least 10 sessions with the weights
    -Lose 6 pounds down to 194

A week left in the month and I've hit most of my goals...
    - Over 57 miles so far (I should add another 20+ miles)
    - 9 upper body work outs, have 4 planned for this week.
    - Lost 6 pounds, down to 194 (last Friday)

As I said, there's still time for me to improve on each of those, and already starting to think what I might put down for my August goals. Let's keep it going guys!
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Great to see some of you hitting your goals early. I'm amazed at how many miles some of you walk or run.

Here's my July weekly update for 7/20/2013.

July Goals
    1. Lose 1 lb a week. Goal weight for 8/3 is 230. Down to 233.

2. Increase workouts from 15 to 30 minutes. Goal of at least 3 workouts a week.
    Had 4 workouts this week, 2 of them were 30 minutes long. I found that I have more energy to workout in the afternoon versus first thing in the morning.

H - 6'2"
    SW - 245
    CW - 233
    GW - 215
  • pgmayer
    Options
    I had a pretty good week last week and gained a couple of pounds...... I got kind of down about it and overdid it yesterday. Not good...... so bad I did not log it.

I hope to get back on track. I cannot get too wedded to what the scale says. I have to stay the course........ I feel better when I eat better.

It's that simple.....

Phil
    352/328/299
  • pgmayer
    Options
    How do you guys get that weight loss graph at the bottom of your posts.....???
  • KevinS62
    Options
    How do you guys get that weight loss graph at the bottom of your posts.....???

Phil,
    Go to the APPS tab. Then go to the "Ticker" page.
  • KevinS62
    Options
    Had 4 workouts this week, 2 of them were 30 minutes long. I found that I have more energy to workout in the afternoon versus first thing in the morning.

Hey Lou. You're doing good. I've found the afternoon workouts work good for me as well. I work early in the morning and I found the added benefit of not being able to snack in front of the TV in the evenings. There simply isn't time after 60 minutes with the weights, dinner and another 60 minutes walking.
  • pgmayer
    Options
    Kevin,

Thanks for the tip........

I definitely prefer to exercise after work....... I am NOT a morning person!!

Phil
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Here's my July weekly update for 7/27/2013.

July Goals
    1. Lose 1 lb a week. Goal weight for 8/3 is 230. Progress - Gained a pound this week, so at 234. Part of this may have been recalibrating my analog scale, it was close to 2 lbs off. The other part may have been my close to 2000 calorie dinner last night. Turned 54 and celebrated by going out to dinner and eating and drinking. Still have 7 days, until Aug 3rd to hit my July goal of 230 lbs. Let's finish of the month strong!

Had 3 workouts this week, 2 of them were 30 minutes long. Reduced Cardio and did more weight training.

H - 6'2"
    SW - 245
    CW - 234
    GW - 215
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    1) Lose 6 lbs (weight of 207 lbs). Not going to make this one. I think I'm adding muscle as fast as I'm losing fat. Still at 212.

2) Log 80 miles walking and/or jogging (beach walks earn double miles). I've done 95 miles so far this month. I might get in about 10 more before the month ends.

3) Log at least 12 weight training sessions. I completed my 12th session yesterday. I should get two more in before the month ends.

4) No beer in July. Not a drop. Plenty of wine, though.