Run, Walk or Crawl 06/30/13 to 07/06/13

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
"I always loved running...it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
Jesse Owens

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds."
Orison Swett Marden

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

Now let's get moving folks :)

"Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started."
Steve Prefontaine

Replies

• sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi there folks, we can do this!

Sunday - 2.6 miles running & 0.5 miles walking

Total so far - 3.1 miles
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Didn't post Sat but spent 120 minutes in the pool.

Today: spent 75 minutes doing what I've now decided to call my eliptical stride. Oooover and Baaaaack. Ooooooover and baaaaaack. Ooooooover and Baaaaaaack.

My knee is WAY better and I will continue at the pool for a while.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Great job, Sammy on the running and walking!
    Great job, KpK on the swimming and elliptical!

WTG! :flowerforyou:
    - - -

Slothwalk/run/crawl

Sun: 3 miles walked.
  • marathonbiker
    marathonbiker Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sun 5 mi run/walk/jog

Half Marathon training will have to take place at first light of the day or at the gym. Don't like treadmills, but they serve a purpose when our temps are high. Lately 106.
  • reese66
    Options
    Sun 5 mi run/walk/jog

Half Marathon training will have to take place at first light of the day or at the gym. Don't like treadmills, but they serve a purpose when our temps are high. Lately 106.

Holey hottness Batman.
    I completely understand about the treadmill. That's all I used to do but once I went outdoors, man it changed me...\

Great job on the miles!!!
  • reese66
    Options
    Hi there folks, we can do this!

Sunday - 2.6 miles running & 0.5 miles walking

Total so far - 3.1 miles

Nicely done Sammy!!!
  • reese66
    Options
    Didn't post Sat but spent 120 minutes in the pool.

Today: spent 75 minutes doing what I've now decided to call my eliptical stride. Oooover and Baaaaack. Ooooooover and baaaaaack. Ooooooover and Baaaaaaack.

My knee is WAY better and I will continue at the pool for a while.

Glad your recovery is going well and the elliptical stride sounds fun even though I call the elliptical the "child of satan," LOL
  • reese66
    Options
    Great job, Sammy on the running and walking!
    Great job, KpK on the swimming and elliptical!

WTG! :flowerforyou:
    - - -

Slothwalk/run/crawl

Sun: 3 miles walked.

Work it girl :), you be awesome!
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday walk/run 5.48

Total 5.48
  • stealthSLOTH
    Options
    Sunday walk/run 5.48

Total 5.48

Way to go Reesey! And way to go with the decimal places! I get so confused I just round up or down!

SlothWalk/Run/Crawl

Sun: 3 mile walk
    Mon: 3 mile walk

- - -

Week so Far: 6 miles walked.
  • stealthSLOTH
    Options
    Sun 5 mi run/walk/jog

@Tommy - Cool, well not literally! :tongue: Is this your first Half? I just did my first one in April.
    Enjoy the training! :flowerforyou:
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday walk/run 5.48

Total 5.48

Way to go Reesey! And way to go with the decimal places! I get so confused I just round up or down!

SlothWalk/Run/Crawl

Sun: 3 mile walk
    Mon: 3 mile walk

- - -

Week so Far: 6 miles walked.

Awesome miles Sunshine!!!

LOL, I have to admit Runkeeper actually is the one that does all the work, I just have to make sure I type in right. :)
  • marathonbiker
    Options
    Was running @5:45 am under a cool cloud cover. 6.25 mi. Today's run took me to a 6% grade which is fairly steep. 1st 1/4 mi tough, great downhill run. Walked on the return till I could begin running again. Felt great and ran most of the way back home. This will be my 5th Half Marathon. This time all trails, vineyards and roads, no asphalt.

Have an Awesome Day!

tommy:smile:
  • kpk54
    Options
    I've been in the pool this week Sun, Mon, Tuesday a total of 3 hour and 15 minutes. Over and back, over and back, etc. etc. Some folks sing in the rain and I've been swimming in the rain. Won't be going today and choose to NOT go NEAR it tomorrow since it'll be packed.

Catch you Friday.

Keep on Goin' Tommy and all others!!!
  • reese66
    Options
    Was running @5:45 am under a cool cloud cover. 6.25 mi. Today's run took me to a 6% grade which is fairly steep. 1st 1/4 mi tough, great downhill run. Walked on the return till I could begin running again. Felt great and ran most of the way back home. This will be my 5th Half Marathon. This time all trails, vineyards and roads, no asphalt.

Have an Awesome Day!

tommy:smile:

Awesome job Tommy, I wish I was more of a morning person, running in the evening is the closest I get to cooler weather to run in during the week. The weekend I have to talk my rear out the door, I get more motivated the as the day goes on unfortunately so does the heat, lol...

Awesome mileage!!!
  • reese66
    Options
    I've been in the pool this week Sun, Mon, Tuesday a total of 3 hour and 15 minutes. Over and back, over and back, etc. etc. Some folks sing in the rain and I've been swimming in the rain. Won't be going today and choose to NOT go NEAR it tomorrow since it'll be packed.

Catch you Friday.

Keep on Goin' Tommy and all others!!!

Keep it going, keep it going. Great job!!!!
  • kpk54
    Options
    So today I spent 1 hour and 45 minutes in the water so that is WTD, 5 hours. I stick one of those "noodles" between my legs and head to the deep end and just "run in place" never touching bottom. It takes me forever to reach the end but I told one of the girls today, I don't care how quickly I get there. I just care about how many "steps" I take or how long I'm moving. Actually, it's getting rather fun!

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • marathonbiker
    Options
    Sun 5 mi walk/run
    Mon 1 mi walk
    Tue 6.25 run/walk
    Wed 3 mi walk
    Thursday rest
    Fri 2 mi run/walk
    Sat 3.25 mi run/walk

Total 23.50
  • kpk54
    Options
    Ended the week with 6 hours and 50 minutes in the pool. Just checking in to say "hey" and for waht it's worth I'm 7 weeks and 14 pounds down. Yes, I'm excited about that but even more important is how I am feeling. I feel (except for the doggone knee) like I've lost 50. Exercise is the reason I feel so much better. No doubt about it.