So happy to be back eating primal!

Options
JessiBelleW
JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
Two weeks ago I made the decision to go back to primal style eating and I'm so pleased that I did! Feeling so much more energetic, lost a kg or two already and my tummy has settled down and I cant hear it complaining.

On another note - today I had a bite of a bit of cake made with coconut flour and almost spat it out it was so sweet! Can't believe anyone managed a whole piece

Replies

• lynnphipps51
    lynnphipps51 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new to Paleo. My dr told me 14 months ago that I'm carb intolerant , so Ive had less than 15 grams of sugar per day since Nov 2014. I think I'm the only person who has gained weight giving up sugar. I lost 17 lbs in the 1st 2 months and have gained it all back bc I started drinking wine (dry) again. Am having less now, but still have 5 oz with dinner. I realized after reading about Paleo today, that I am not eating nearly enough nor enough fat. I'm just not hungry anymore and I don't know how to get more daily fat in my diet. Looking forward to learning more about it and losing this belly :) BTW, I tried a bite of an apple and spit it out it was so sweet!
  • JessiBelleW
    Options
    I am new to Paleo. My dr told me 14 months ago that I'm carb intolerant , so Ive had less than 15 grams of sugar per day since Nov 2014. I think I'm the only person who has gained weight giving up sugar. I lost 17 lbs in the 1st 2 months and have gained it all back bc I started drinking wine (dry) again. Am having less now, but still have 5 oz with dinner. I realized after reading about Paleo today, that I am not eating nearly enough nor enough fat. I'm just not hungry anymore and I don't know how to get more daily fat in my diet. Looking forward to learning more about it and losing this belly :) BTW, I tried a bite of an apple and spit it out it was so sweet!

i've grabbed a bit of fruit off one of the kids plates and thought wow thats sweet. But Im not a sweet toothed individual. I eat fats from meat, avocados, butter on my veggies, olive oil on my salads, and last night after a day of weird eating I had a small portion of yogurt with some coconut oil mixed in :)
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options

Yeah, I gained weight after I reintroduced dry red wine, as well. Don't know what it is. You wouldn't think one glass would have so much effect.

To eat enough fat, I use lots of butter or ghee to top vegetables, avocado oil or coconut oil in cooking, avocados, fat from grassfed meat, and fat bombs made from coconut oil and carob powder.

I try to keep my carbs under 80g and sugars under 25g a day. Don't always manage, but I feel better when I do.

Today I was craving Cinnebons so bad (man, that smell!), I came home from the mall and made myself PaleOMG's coffee cake in a mug. I almost never do paleoized treats, but really needed it today.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Oh, and vegetables roasted in duck fat are yummy! I also make homemade salad dressing with olive oil or avocado oil.
  • JessiBelleW
    Options
    Oh, and vegetables roasted in duck fat are yummy! I also make homemade salad dressing with olive oil or avocado oil.

mmmmm roast veggies.... that sounds so good
  • JessiBelleW
    Options
    I fit into a pair of size 12 jeans today! So super excited! :):) love primal eating