Fit and Fabulous in February

Options
13»

Replies

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    ive been very good all week, but alas last weekend meant im at the same weight, i do my final weigh in for the week tomorrow so well see! got to be good this weekend, im trying a one not so bad, one bad alternate weekends thing
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Sw: 166
    W1: 163.6
    W2: 161.4
    W3: 159.8

Yay, stepped on 3 times to check, but back in the 150s!
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    fitfor30th wrote: »

Yay, stepped on 3 times to check, but back in the 150s!

Woohoo! Awesome!
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Happy Monday :) I've successfully stuck to my cal goals since Friday, so I'm feeling good about that and going to keep the momentum going.
    I've been going along with the weightlifting program and it's going well. I'm on week 2 of the 3-week pre-program prep. I do already feel like my arms and shoulders are bulking up too much. I know people insist that lifting won't make women bulky, but... :( I know I won't get HUGE, so I'm going to keep with it since I want to build some muscle mass to help burn those cals, and to get stronger...especially since I don't need to worry about how I'll look in a strapless wedding dress anymore.
    I still think it's funny how on the forums I've seen posts that are, like "See, lifting won't make you bulky" and they post a pic and they look pretty bulky to me! I know we have different preferences in mind in how we want our bodies to look, so to each their own.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm back and finally back into the swing of things after getting over the jet lag and end of vacay blues!
    CONGRATS @samlovesthesnow your pictures are beautiful!

so I can say with great confidence that I am NOT going to make my goal for the month of February...I did relatively well on the cruise making decent menu choices and working out (although not as much as I would have liked) but I only got in about 400 minutes from the 1st until today which means I would have to workout over 106 minutes per day for the next 8 days and I'm not sure I'm up for that!

I'll be working it as much as possible and I'll conquer March for sure! Gotta keep this short since I have TONS to catch up on here at work...TTFN!

P.S. My vacation was absolutely AMAZING, so it was completely worth it!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Happy Monday :) I've successfully stuck to my cal goals since Friday, so I'm feeling good about that and going to keep the momentum going.
    I've been going along with the weightlifting program and it's going well. I'm on week 2 of the 3-week pre-program prep. I do already feel like my arms and shoulders are bulking up too much. I know people insist that lifting won't make women bulky, but... :( I know I won't get HUGE, so I'm going to keep with it since I want to build some muscle mass to help burn those cals, and to get stronger...especially since I don't need to worry about how I'll look in a strapless wedding dress anymore.
    I still think it's funny how on the forums I've seen posts that are, like "See, lifting won't make you bulky" and they post a pic and they look pretty bulky to me! I know we have different preferences in mind in how we want our bodies to look, so to each their own.

It's actually really difficult for women to build muscle, so the chances of 'bulking up' unintentionally are slim, it is more likely you will get toned and stronger. I don't think it's possible to gain more than a Lb of muscle a month, if that, even with trying. Might be psychological! Keep at it.

• 12kcooper88
    12kcooper88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Sam! And welcome back, Maria Jean!

I am BACK on track this week! I had a good day of decision making. I did not make my regular workout class, so I do not know what the damage is on my weight after a few weeks of semi-regular indulgence (I don't own a scale), but I am confident I can turn it around again (and hey-my pants still fit!). I'm going to do a quick home dvd workout tonight to keep this positive momentum the rest of the week.

My dress fitting is in 3 weeks, so I am hopeful to maintain my previous progress!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Congrats Jools! Seeing that new number in the tens place is always so exciting.

Well done Jill! So happy for you that you're starting to feel more in control again and sticking to your lifting program. I know that you've been battling hard so I hope the worst is behind you.

Welcome back Marla Jean! Glad you had such a great time. You need those vacations, even if you don't make your goal for exercise minutes.

Way to go Kristen getting back on track. Sure one missed workout shouldn't derail things too much, but great attitude to get in that home DVD and keep up the positive momentum.

So, I did not workout at all last week or this weekend ( :( ) but I'm feeling more committed and on top of the intermittent fasting regimen. I successfully fasted yesterday and saw my lowest weight of the month on the scale this morning, so taking that as a signal that I didn't do too much damage with the indulgences at my cousin's wedding over the weekend. I'm going to try to get out of work on time tonight so I can get back to workouts.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Myfitnesspal tells me , 'if every day was like today you'd be 147 in 5 weeks'. Well that's my goal weight
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    UGH! Having the hardest time getting back into the swing of things since being back from vacay...I do great during the day and then at the end of the day I go crazy!

Today I weighed in for the first time since back from the cruise and I've gained an additional 4 pounds :confounded: In relative perspective that isn't so bad and I'm sure all the water, the stairs I took on the cruise ship and the workouts and food choices helped keep that in check, but as soon as we got back to the states I quit working out and started eating anything and everything I wanted for that last week. (BAD MARLA!) :rage:

This puts me up 24 pounds from my lowest and that makes me sad, discouraged, frustrated and angry at myself ALL at once! :angry:

Sorry, I know I haven't been here for you all much lately, and I know I'll shake it off and get my butt in gear hopefully VERY soon, but I had to vent somewhere...

**hangs head and shuffles off to mope :disappointed:
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    It's a new day Maria! Take it one day at a time
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Should say marla, stupid auto correct
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Married life is blissful but not great for the waist line!

I think that for me the wedding was like any other time that I've relaxed (Christmas, vacations etc). I don't put on that much fat over a short period, but it's easy to let that go on for weeks or months.

To counteract that I've started married life with soup and lots of exercise (after 2 weeks of eating everything - I'm talking up to 4500 calories in ONE DAY!)

I'm happy to report that I'm already back to where I was - the body is an amazing thing!

Currently maintaining at 135-140, and aiming for 130-135 next month.

I agree with the comments about having something else to work for after the wedding. For me this will be a couple of 10k races, honeymoon in May, and bridesmaid dress in October.

Good luck with the rest of February - just a few days to go :-)
  • brisingr86
    Options
    SW (Feb 1): 162.0
    W1 (Feb 4):159.6
    W2 (Feb 11):159.6
    W3 (Feb 18): 159.2
    W4 (Feb 25): 159.4
    Final (Feb 29):

GRRRR...I had thought I was doing better. I'm hoping this is saving up for a big drop soon. I guess given that I was at a wedding last weekend and drinking a good number of calories I should be grateful it's not worse, but was really hopeful that I would meet my goal this month (158 on the 29th) and not looking particularly promising at this point. Work picked up and my workouts went the way of the dodo. Fail. :( <hang head in shame> Maybe a couple workouts this weekend, but probably helping future inlaws with moving activities on Saturday and babysitting most of the day Sunday so will see.

Marla Jean, I know it's tough, but you can do this! Take it one day at a time. I think we all need to vent sometimes and I hope everyone feels comfortable to do that here as needed. We're here to be supportive of each other in successes and challenges.

Sam, glad married life is agreeing with you and sounds like you've got some great goals to keep you on track after wedding revelries. When are your races?

One more February weekend to get through. Let's do this!
    I'll set up the March thread soon. Anyone have suggestions for focus area?
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I know Feb is nearly over but joining in......I need to crank my stuff up - dress came in and I had my 1st fitting - a bit snug and the zip cant get all the way up :(

SW: 74.3 kgs (Feb 1)
    W1 74.7 kgs (Feb 8)
    W2 73.5 kgs (Feb 15)
    CW: 71.7 kgs (Feb 26)

Need a killer March and help staying motivated!!!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    W4: 159.8

No change this week, and I thought I wasn't bad last weekend and was good all week, always seem to plateaux around here. I now have 12 weeks, and 13lbs to lose. Seems doable, but I have a lot of social events coming up, hen parties, birthdays, Easter so I really need to be strong as it gets down to the wire!

• clairice2
    clairice2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well I took a short break from MFP for 10days, I was ill with a flu and had to reduce the exercise and food was all over the place.
    Fully recovered now and weight check this am is 139.8lbs, so no weight loss but no weight gain, 4lbs down since Christmas.

Goals for the next 8 days is to be my best ever, lots of water, NO to chocolate & cake. March 8th I'm going for my first dress fitting. (V.excited)
    Following that my hen is on March 19th. There will be lots and lots of temptation to be bold but hopefully the good behaviours outweigh the bad. :D

Best of luck everyone, my goals for March is no to chocolate or cake and 3x lunchtime gym/run per week (to keep me out of trouble).

Best of luck ladies, its a new month tomorrow, and a fresh start again for all. :wink:
  • brisingr86
    Options
    SW (Feb 1): 162.0
    W1 (Feb 4):159.6
    W2 (Feb 11):159.6
    W3 (Feb 18): 159.2
    W4 (Feb 25): 159.4
    Final (Feb 29): 157.4

Woo-hoo! Actually achieved my goal of under 158 (avg 1lb loss/week) for the month. Utter fail on the workouts (finished with 395 min/700 goal), but was able to keep diet in check (enough) to keep the loss going. My favorite part of this is I had a strawberry shake and fries from McDonald's last night. It's been forever and it really hit the spot, so it was nice to be able to fit in that treat (within my calories).

• 12kcooper88
    12kcooper88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I end the month pretty much exactly where I started it: 125. Overall, I'm okay with this. I had a LOT of treats and was not as focused on my exercise. Tomorrow begins a new month, and a new energy for staying committed. I'm under 4 months until the wedding, and I have my next dress fitting in 2 weeks. Maintenance is the key!