Hi all.. help!!

So I am trying to lose 10 to 15 pounds... I have learned this is not as easy as it was when I was younger. Not only do I want to lose the weight I also need an entire body restoration. I am only 150, so I am not overweight by a lot by most considerations. I do however consider it to be a lot. Regardless of that number I still look terrible. I did wear a swimsuit this past summer and I will need to wear one this summer also because I am going to florida for 1.5 months..

Please please help me. I have 6 months to have some little change. I know I won't look like I did before my son...

Replies

• ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    If you are looking to have a entire body restoration, you are going to definitely need to incorporate exercise a couple days/week in your routine. Cardio will help you to become smaller, but then you will want to lift weights also to firm up and give your body the desired shape you are looking for.
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Yes cardio and lifting. I am currently just in cardio phase, I guess. Lol. I say that because I just started trying to recommit to fitness and the only thing that I have been doing us getting my steps but walking or running in place which I am doing as i type. Lol

I have been losing just by doing the steps and logging and not going over too much. I never thought it would be this easy. I am barely trying. I am 5'3" about and currently 130. I lost 5 lbs in a little over a month! I don't know about you, but that's phenomenal for me!

So if you're in a slump just try making a step goal to get you started. Then you can incorporate lifting.
  • eriennehiggins
    eriennehiggins Posts: 3 Member
    Cottage cheese is a great high protien low carb/calorie food. It has helped me a lot! I eat 1 cup daily at least.
    http://www.realbuzz.com/articles/5-ways-to-burn-fat-while-you-sleep/
  • wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    If you are looking to have a entire body restoration, you are going to definitely need to incorporate exercise a couple days/week in your routine. Cardio will help you to become smaller, but then you will want to lift weights also to firm up and give your body the desired shape you are looking for.

oh heck yeah... I plan on getting back to lifting weights. I miss it. I was out of the gym for like 10 months. I went at least 5 days a week for over a year. then I fractured my knee and then it wouldnt heal. Now it is hard for me to motivate myself. I have only been back in the gym twice in 4 days. I am trying to ease myself back in it to make sure I do nt aggrevate my knee right off the bat.

I need to do some serious weight lifting. I feel super unattractive. I already struggle with a distorted body imagine. I struggled with an eating disorder for a very long time. throughout my teenage and early 20 years. Today I fight the urges that I once had, but the ugly thoughts are always there. I want to be thin but it is equally important for me to be healthy.
  • wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    Cottage cheese is a great high protien low carb/calorie food. It has helped me a lot! I eat 1 cup daily at least.
    http://www.realbuzz.com/articles/5-ways-to-burn-fat-while-you-sleep/

I am not one to eat cottage cheese. I use to get the ones that had the fruit in it, but thats a lot of sugar.. I might just have to start eating it though. thanks for that..;)