Eggs

Options
when I first started my low carb diet, things went well, I have dropped a lot of weight, got a little back over the holidays but coming back down. A few months ago I started noticing eggs started to upset my stomach. White / brown and the lady across the streets chickens were the worst. So I made some adjustments and cut eggs, trying to add them back in and its the same thing. But this is the real kicker, if I got out for breakfast, usually those eggs have no effect on me. Is this a allergy or wtf??

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Hmmm that's strange. Maybe you are reacting to something in the chicken's feed? I honestly have no idea if that is even possible...but I'd say restaurants probably buy conventional eggs that are factory farmed as where cage free chickens are free to roam and eat a more natural diet.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Hmmm that's strange. Maybe you are reacting to something in the chicken's feed? I honestly have no idea if that is even possible...but I'd say restaurants probably buy conventional eggs that are factory farmed as where cage free chickens are free to roam and eat a more natural diet.

It is possible. I know of people who are so sensitive to soy that they can't eat most eggs, for example.
  • AndyLabrador
    AndyLabrador Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Damn , I mean I loved to have omelets for dinner at home. Been eating eggs all my life. Ya the lady across from me is a good friend and watch each other houses when away, but now I eat her chickens eggs and my tummy does twists and turns, hour or two later im fine but after one bite I can almost feel it. I just wanted my omelet dinner back :(
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's a nutrient in the farm fresh eggs? I buy from a small farmer and their eggs are so much better (haven't had commercial eggs in months) some breeds of chickens produce richer eggs than others. Store bought white large are usually from leghorns, the ones I get are from Aricana (sp) blue eggs, and some brown eggs.

Ask your neighbor what her chickens eat. Where i get them, they get scratch, kitchen scraps (veggie scraps) and mealworms. No corn or fillers.
  • AndyLabrador
    Options
    Cant say for sure but I know she gets the feed out of a small commercial bag. Think its corn but cant be sure. But her eggs are mostly brown but did get a blue every now and again. But either ones just turn my stomach, only lasts about 1/2 hour. Like last night my low carb dinner, I do nothing fancy mind you, was lean ground angus burger, 93% lean, 3 pieces of bacon, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded. and two large range free brown eggs from store and a pat of butter, scramble all up till eggs are done, and a dash of tabasco. Nothing fancy , but almost no carbs, got two or three bites in and I could feel it
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    brown or blue is just dependent on the chicken breed. Think of the farm fresh eggs like this, whatever she is feeding them shows up in the eggs. Commercial eggs are from very junk fed chickens, I'm not sure about free range but my guess is their diet is a bit better. Store bought bags of chicken feed are junk. It's the difference in feed lot fed cattle and grass fed.
  • AndyLabrador
    Options
    seems either upset the tummy. just strange, ill finish my current 10 on something else than back off again