5 months...

Options
Tripaway
Tripaway Posts: 71 Member
It had been 5 months since I had last gone to the gym. I've got tons of excuses, but obviously none of them are good...

So yeah, it felt nice to get back on the ol' treadmill and jog away to some Judge Judy...

Replies

• PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    Been a couple years since I set foot in a gym. No motivation, little money and less time. All mediocre excuses which provided me with mediocre results...okay, no results. :)

Wide open spaces is the only place I go for exercise as of late.
  • Tripaway
    Options
    I like that idea, honestly, but in the dead of winter I find it even more difficult to spend time outdoors - I generally hate being outside, so I rely on the gym membership to get me moving. Obviously that doesn't always work haha
  • bstewart1973
    bstewart1973 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm too poor for a gym membership but I do have a gently used treadmill in the basement. I just can't find the motivation to get on it. I prefer to be outdoors like walking at the park. Usually do that when one of my boys has baseball practice. Good news is that baseball will be coming soon.
  • Tripaway
    Options
    I found a gym that's on $10/month, and that suits my budget just fine! Can't wait until my kids are old enough to play sports so I'll be forced to go outside and play/watch...
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,053 Member
    Options
    I live out in the sticks, so a trip into a gym is a major undertaking for me. I have a used treadmill in the basement/garage and have started doing Zen Lab's 10K free app, basically a C25K eight week program with six additional week to be able to run the full 10K (or one hour) non-stop.

I also use Fitness 22's Push-up Pro, Sit-up Pro, and Squat Pro as a warm-up for the treadmill.