Just out of pure curiosity

How long did it take every one to get to goal weight using Leto or Lchf ?

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    4 months, so I moved the goal. 3 more months for the 2nd goal. Weight kept dropping for another 2 months. So I guess 9 months to reach a stable weight without really trying? I feel kind of guilty that no willpower was required. :)

Now I feel like I need a new goal to keep me motivated. So I run and try to get a little faster. And I do strength work to get a little stronger. My long-term goal is to be a buff old guy, so that could take another 20 years. :)
  • pippacorcoran
    pippacorcoran Posts: 59 Member
    edited January 2016
    wabmester wrote: »
    4 months, so I moved the goal. 3 more months for the 2nd goal. Weight kept dropping for another 2 months. So I guess 9 months to reach a stable weight without really trying? I feel kind of guilty that no willpower was required. :)

Now I feel like I need a new goal to keep me motivated. So I run and try to get a little faster. And I do strength work to get a little stronger. My long-term goal is to be a buff old guy, so that could take another 20 years. :)

Haha that's a good long-term goal, made me laugh. It's really good that you set yourself challenges think I need to take a leaf out of your book! This diet makes me feel very guilty sometimes, sat scoffing bacon and cheese and I feel like it's cheating :,)
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Still working on it!
  • pippacorcoran
    Still working on it!

Same here, good luck with it! What's your goal time if you have one? You have a special occasion your losing weight for?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    I'm not at goal weight yet...have 30 more pounds to go; however, I've been following a LCHF lifestyle now for about 17 months and have successfully eliminated slightly over 140 pounds in that time. :) I hope to get to my goal weight some time this year but time will tell.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    My initial goal was to get from my starting weight of 236 lbs down to around 175 lbs, which is about 10 lbs below how much I weighed when I met my hubby. I made it there in mid December, about 10 months after I started this way of eating. Now that I'm in the mid 170s, somewhere I never thought I'd be again, I'm moving my goal. I'm just not sure where I'm moving it to. I guess, like wabmester, I intend to eat like this (or similarly) until my body decides it's hit its sweet spot. I have no idea where that will be, because I've been overweight since high school, and pre-pubescent weight doesn't count. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    8.5 months in and 10 pounds to go
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    It took me about 4 months of eating at a deficit to lose 40 lbs. I'm now about 150lbs after 7 months on keto and I would like to lose another 10lbs and gain some muscle but I would be happy to stay where I am (size 8 - high school size almost).
  • justbreathesrw28
    justbreathesrw28 Posts: 39 Member
    I'm 3 days in... I'm starting with basically Atkins
    phase 1. My goal is to loose 30lbs. I'm having head hunger and feelings of cravings for what I can't have! But I'm committed and hope to get this off within the next 6 months.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Took a bit less than 3 months to get to where I am right now, which is 5 pounds away from my first goal of 130 lbs. I have lost about 20 pounds.

However, my ultimate goal is 120-125. May be another couple months. Losing slower now because I wasn't too big to begin with and I am building more muscle.

That being said, even if I was like 200 lbs and really muscular/strong as hell, I wouldn't care how much I weighed.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,016 Member
    1.5 years to the day.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I'm 3 days in... I'm starting with basically Atkins
    phase 1. My goal is to loose 30lbs. I'm having head hunger and feelings of cravings for what I can't have! But I'm committed and hope to get this off within the next 6 months.

It will pass. Hang in there!
    What I find helpful is getting some MCT or coconut oil in first thing in the morning. It has always helped me stay under control and be strong against cravings.
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Other than over the last 40 years of on again and off again and ups and downs. Heck, I have probably lost over 500 pounds and gained most of back in a life time!

Its just a little over 2 years to get off 83 pounds. But, the last 30 has been great using the LCHF way of eating. It is something I can understand why I have had weight issues, and that its the easiest to follow. I still have another 50 pounds to go. I am at a mood stall right now, but working on it. Loosing weight is not going to happen overnight so to speak. Remember we didn't get a weight problem overnight either. You can do this!
  • AbigailPiner
    AbigailPiner Posts: 2 Member
    I just started 25 days ago at 328 and I'm down to 312.6. Still 162.6 pounds left to go. It seems like forever away...
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    edited January 2016
    Batlady49 wrote: »
    Other than over the last 40 years of on again and off again and ups and downs. Heck, I have probably lost over 500 pounds and gained most of back in a life time!

Its just a little over 2 years to get off 83 pounds. But, the last 30 has been great using the LCHF way of eating. It is something I can understand why I have had weight issues, and that its the easiest to follow. I still have another 50 pounds to go. I am at a mood stall right now, but working on it. Loosing weight is not going to happen overnight so to speak. Remember we didn't get a weight problem overnight either. You can do this!

I hear you completely! I decided I'm actually start counting "gross" pounds lost as well as the net. So for example, since May 2015 I went from 225 lbs to 185lbs (approx). But at halloween I gained 9lbs that I had to lose again and at Christmas I gained 11lbs that I had to lose again. So although my net loss is about 40lbs my gross loss is about 60lbs. I started my journey at 325. Using the CICO method it took me over 20 years to achieve a net loss of 100lbs. 20years! The gross loss in there was, like you say, probably over 500lbs. I went from 325 to 130 and back twice during that time. (Most of it unhealthy).

For my current journey with LCHF I feel redeemed. It's relatively easy compared to everything else and I KNOW I will succeed. This is just they way I live now and weight loss is a side effect (though sometimes I wish it would hurry the heck up.

This current phase, I've lost 40netlbs (60gross) in 8 months. Though I did have a big 3 month stall due to a LOT of stress. My goal is to weigh in at 155lbs which would be 70net loss. So I'm suspecting another 3 months. If I manage that, I will have reached goal in one year. :)
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    8ish months for a 40 pound loss, went up 6-10 pounds(curse you water weight!) during hell week and kidding season(baby goats are not conducive to a low carb diet). So I suspect anywhere from 2-3 months for those 10 lbs, but if I were really gung ho about it probably 3 weeks. I know at least 4-5 is water flux and could drop to 20 or less carbs to make it happen. But I'm in no rush at this point, all my clothes fit again, and I've had to buy new ones, so I'm ok with this.
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    I'm guessing 12-14 months. I'm 6.5 months in and down 63 lbs, looking to lose 110.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    I have 10 months of Keto under my belt now, and have lost 44 pounds. Will lose about 20 more before I consider myself to be at my new goal. My initial goal was 180 pounds, but now being 186 I know that I can achieve more, no matter how long it takes!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    About 10 weeks. I had gained 20 lbs over the course of the year. I started trying to lose on 8/30 but had only lost 2.8 lbs by the time I started keto on 11/2. I hit goal weight last week but have decided to try to lose another 3-5 lbs and also focus on strength training.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    13 months. I lost a total of 128 #. low carb, moderate fat and protein. I've been at maintenance for a year and a half now. I haven't varied by more than 3 to 4# at any given time up or down. by far, it's been the best thing I've ever done for myself.
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    I hit my first goal in four months. New goal set and getting closer every week!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    3.5 months to lose the extra... now in maintenance for 2 yrs.
  • pippacorcoran
    Everyone's doing so well, just proves this diet is amazing and so many people (even the nhs) fault it!