Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to lose weight with hypo?

2»

Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    sammyre12 wrote: »
    Update: :) I decided that I really disagree with my endo and refused to make myself starve and eat less than 1000 calories. I'm happy to say that I saw a new doctor today who is all about how you feel and not only the numbers. She is letting me make the decision on medicine and I have read a lot about NDT. She prescribed it for me and I can't wait to start it tomorrow. She also is doing a saliva swab that I've never heard of before. She said it will test everything and find out the root cause of what's causing my thyroid to not work right. I feel like I'm on the right track and I'm so glad I found someone who will listen to me. I quit ( which is not good) taking my levothyroxine a few weeks ago due to my awful symptoms including hair loss before seeing the new doctor. I've lost another five lbs. I hope for all of you that if you are not happy with your endo or feel like they don't listen to what you have to say that you will not take NO for an answer. You need to be your own advocate and voice. Speak up and keep searching. Don't give up. I truly believe if you have any symptoms or trouble with weight loss it is because your thyroid is still not corrected. Even if it is in range. Keep searching for a new doctor. There will be one who will listen. I was diagnosed only a year and a half ago. I'm not going to be another story where it took me 20 years to feel normal again. Listen to your body. I hope this encouraged at least one of you. Best of luck to you all and thank you so much for all the info and help.

Thanks for the update! It looks like this new doc has her *kitten* together and is listening to symptoms vs just the bloodwork.

• Bhlinebee
    Bhlinebee Posts: 71 Member
    Can you share what the saliva swab test is called?
  • sammyre12
    sammyre12 Posts: 29 Member
    The saliva swab is zrt laboratory or zrt lab.com it's a home collection hormone and wellness test.