January 27th Weigh In: How did you do?

Options
Menix8
Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
Hey, all! Not sure who's still in this, but we've only got two and half weeks to go until Valentine's Day! I know I personally won't hit 15 lbs lost, but I'll still be proud of our work regardless, and I'm still going to push to lose another 2 lbs before the big, heart-filled day! :heart:
Come on, team! Let's finish strong. :smile:

I'm finally down again after two weeks of stalling. I wish that number was a a bit lower, but to be perfectly honest I took the whole last week off from exercising so it's pretty good all things considered. I was feeling burnt out, and un-motivated. So I took the week off from the gym, and started Strong Lifts on Monday! I think a quick break and a new workout routine was exactly what I needed. I'm excited about my work-outs again, and excited to eat in a way that fuels my body.

Replies

• Fiftyshadesofweight
    Options
    I'm with you. I'm not doing as well as I would have liked, but I am still trying. I couldn't run for a while due to an injury but was able to start this week. I am hoping to lose a couple pounds more.
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing as much as I would have wanted either, but that's ok. As long as I'm not falling off the wagon, am eating mostly healthy and exercising regularly, I know I'm doing great stuff for my fitness and health - which is ultimately more important than numbers on the scale.

This week I'm up 0.5 lb. I caught some kind of a virus and had to rest so I was unable to workout as much.

@Menix8 great job! I'm flirting with the idea of starting SL5x5 too, but I'm a little scared of doing the moves without a trainer... How are you liking it?
  • Fiftyshadesofweight
    Options
    What is sl5x5?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    strong lifts 5x5
    http://stronglifts.com/5x5/
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    The scale has been an enemy through this whole challenge, but I have been nailing my workouts and eating healthy. Anytime I change my workout routine I have about 2 weeks of gaining before the losses start and I spent 3 days shoveling snow which I'm certain my body will read as a change to my workout routine. So this week I took a long hard look in a full length mirror BEFORE getting on the scale. I have a lot more visible muscle in my legs and upper back, my stomach is tighter and less poochy, there is no cellulite in my legs and much less of it in my rear end, I still have the love handles and I don't know that my waist has really shrunk any, but overall I am very happy with the way I look. Plus, I feel amazing, more energy less aches and pains, even after spending time outside in the cold! So, I'm calling this challenge a win because it has totally motivated me to keep up the workouts and not let excuses get in the way. My food/exercise tracking is better than before and I'm certain it has improved my health even if it hasn't improved the number on the scale!

On valentine's day I'm going to try to put on my too-small pants that are waiting for me in the closet - we will see how that goes!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Well I definitely won't be where I thought but I lost the new year's baggage so I'm heading in the right direction. the comments of are you sick and you lost weight on purpose are starting to get on my nerves. I still have 8-10 lbs to go. If I lose the 10 that will make me 5'3" and 128 not overly thin just a good healthy weight. If they have nothing nice to say they should keep their mouths shut. ;)
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Still here, but won't be weighing until this weekend. May not hit my goal, but am on a good track. I was able to stay on track for most of our week long vacation with friends. I'm hoping that the last 2 days of the trip when I ate a few things that I don't normally eat won't set me back too much.
  • Menix8
    Options
    @lalajka

I like it so far. I had been doing a split body routine, modified so that I could do it with dumbbells, but I stopped progressing on it a long time ago. I'm looking forward to getting stronger (even if I can't put on muscle during this deficit), and 5x5 is a great workout to do while cutting.

I'm a decently seasoned lifter, so I'm not too worried about doing this solo, tbh. With only 5 moves to learn, I think you could probably get by with just having one session with a trainer to go over squat and deadlift form if it makes you feel better. Benchpress, overhead press, and rows are all pretty easy to get a handle on with online form videos. Squat and deadlift can be a little trickier, though.
  • ladiva05
    ladiva05 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im still here also..... I may not hit my goal number, but I'm not where I started... so process has been made. Let's keep our course ladies, to the finish line we go.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I'm so impatient, I put on my too-small pants today and didn't even have to lay on the bed to button them or struggle...I have another even smaller pair in the closet, so I guess I have a new goal for valentine's day!
  • lalajka
    Options
    @Menix8 I've actually done dead lifts and squats with a trainer so I feel pretty much comfortable doing them. I thought the other three moves were equally complex, so I didn't ever try them on my own... Thanks, you made me feel better now, I guess I can do them by myself. Just need to finish this Jillian Michael's Body Revolution program first :)
  • lalajka
    Options
    @tcunbeliever that is the best part of losing weight!! I'll take fitting into old pants over seeing a smaller number on the scale anytime :). congrats!!
  • Menix8
    Options
    @lalajka

This has also helped tremendously. In the first few weeks, when the weight is low, the idea is to really, REALLY nail your form, so I've been referring to this link pretty much every workout.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/25fwnd/my_top_12_tips_for_stronglifts/
  • lalajka
    edited February 2016
    Options
    wow, great link! Bookmarked and ready to be used frequently :). thank you, @Menix8 !