Would love to have some low-carb MFP friends

Options
KaseyDH83
KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
Hello, everyone!

I decided to begin a ketogenic diet a little over two weeks ago, after some blood work showed I have pre diabetes. Diabetes is prevalent on both sides of my family, so this was a huge wake-up call for me. I started keto on Jan. 13, and I have to say this way of life is surprisingly much easier than I had anticipated. I've lost 12 pounds these first two weeks; and while I know it's mostly water weight, it's very encouraging to see the the scale go down so quickly. I feel great! I have more energy than I've had in years. I also have a skin issue and it's clearing up! My husband said he has even noticed the change in me — the energy, clearer skin, and weight loss. Today, he started the diet as well! I can definitely see the two of us adopting this way of eating for good.

I don't have many friends who log consistently on MFP, and none of them are doing Keto, so I would love to have more friends to help hold me accountable. My diary is open to friends. Feel free to add me. And thanks for all of the great advice on this forum. I've learned so much from you all!

Replies

• WVAnne
    WVAnne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Kasey! Congratulations on your progress! Isn't it wonderful!!
    I just recently started this new way of eating on January 4. I'm only down 10 Lbs total, but love how I feel carrying around just 10 less pounds. The extra energy and better skin tone is enough motivation to keep me going. I can't imagine how much better I will feel after losing the additional 30-40 lbs I need to lose! Anyone looking for new low carbing, keto friends are welcome to add me, too.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!:)
  • lorieca
    lorieca Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You can add me. I've been at it for 5 weeks now.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Everyone can feel free to add me. I've been tracking since July and am down about 40 pounds. I've been doing LCHF off and on for about 10 years, but this time, I WILL stick with it.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request. :)
  • Japkoo
    Japkoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too!! I've lost 45 lbs lchf. Well 60 but I put a few back on and am back on track.
  • zyxy55
    zyxy55 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sending friend request :) Any one can add me too
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am not the best example as I tend to binge a couple of times a week, but I've opened my diary!
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Add me.... I am now to LCHF, but have done low carb tons of times before with mixed results.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Always happy to have more keto friends. :smile:
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me :)
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the friend requests!
  • RobinK228
    RobinK228 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request. Others are also free to add me too! :)
  • Kahelnet
    Kahelnet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request.
    Just mind that my MFP sometimes posts automatic updates in random language (weirdest localisation I ever saw)
  • RayannHart
    RayannHart Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Keto since August and 58 pounds down - feel free to add!
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me - I just friend requested everyone above me too! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, anytime! I don't log my food diary everyday anymore but am always supportive, and love more friends who share my eating style! Make sure you tell me you're from the LCHF group too, please!
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    10lb down in 3 weeks and loving it. I log pretty consistently so feel free to add me
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am also pre-diabetic, with high cholesterol. That was the wakeup call that brought me to Keto as well. I'm on week 1 of consistency (week 3ish total).

Please feel free to add me.