Introduce Yourself!

Options
kelCshea
kelCshea Posts: 16 Member
Hi everyone!! Introduce yourself!

Replies

• UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been vegan for 7 months. I am just coming back to MFP and have never followed it as a vegan. Looking forward to meeting some vegan friends :#
  • dcvegan
    dcvegan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, long-time vegan who is prone to vegan junk foods and doesn't make exercise enough of a priority. I just turned 45 and am hoping that by tracking and connecting on MFP, it might make a meaningful difference in being a healthier example (and so that I can fit back in my regular jeans). Planning to get a fitness tracker, but don't know which one yet. Glad to see vegans represent.
  • polinux
    polinux Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been vegan for around 3-4 months now. Was a very strong meat lover before but after some research and as I'm highly interested in self-sustainability I have decided to go Vegan. More reasons really then just those two but that would take a while to explain. Maybe over some nice tea or coffee ;).
  • HallynW
    HallynW Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been vegan for 7 or 8 months and am just now getting back on MFP! I started for ethical reasons, so I haven't really tried to be healthy with it yet! Looking for some recipes, motivation, and accountability for staying healthy.
  • amyjane_g
    amyjane_g Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been vegan for a while now, but was a vegetarian for a number of years - I haven't eaten eggs/dairy since I was around 7.. So I am not sure why I never made the commitment earlier.. Looking forward to sharing recipes and meeting some new vegan friends..
  • amyliz720
    amyliz720 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    I have followed a vegan diet for about 7 years. I am a busy mom, teacher, and graduate student. In the busy-ness of life, I've been lazy and chosen vegan convenience foods. I'm using the food diary to help me make more balanced and nutritious choices. :)
  • subjik
    subjik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi from Helsinki. Long time vegan, newbie on MFP. Ultimately trying to get myself in good fit for running but for now just want to lose some weight and feel better about myself. Being junk eating vegan is way easier than non-vegans think :) Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • cycle_anarchy
    cycle_anarchy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 52 and from North Yorkshire, UK. I'm vegan and have been using MFP for a few weeks and absolutely love it. Nice to meet you all ... Tony.
  • boaorhat77
    boaorhat77 Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi guys! My name is Alicia and I am a new vegan as of Jan 01. (Although I have been vegetarian for 25 years prior to that.) I know that veganism is the right way to go, I am just sad it took me so long to get here!

I am a single parent and live in Orange County, California. I love the outdoors (beach, hiking, etc.) and love to eat. Hence the reason I am here on MFP in the first place. Ha ha.

I used to be really into exercise (daily for over a decade) but about 2.5 years ago I started getting severe hip (bursitis and sciatica) and knee pain, and my workouts literally went out the window. It has been very discouraging and I have put on 40 pounds since.

I don't have any vegan friends in "real life" and my long-time friends aren't all that supportive of my transition. I've found a lot of support on various vegan Facebook groups though, and so am happy to have found this group here on MFP.

Feel free to add me if you want another supportive friend! :)
  • CarolDwaik
    CarolDwaik Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Carol, new vegan (2 months) and starting MFP for the second time. Looking to stay motivated to lose the last 10 pounds! Feel free to add me!
  • Brandy108
    Brandy108 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brandy. I am 33, a new vegan (January '16) and eat mostly HCLF. I made the transition for health reasons after reading The China Study and researching more. I eat starch based and try to keep it simple and clean. I struggle occasionally when going out to eat and sometimes slip back into vegetarian as a lot of items have milk/eggs/butter in them and I give in to temptation.

I work out 5x a week, lifting weights and doing cardio, ride my bike a lot in the summer. I've lost almost 60 pounds over the past year and have another 50 to go. I don't have any vegan/vegetarian friends in real life and would love some here! I stopped tracking my food recently as I tend to eat on repeat a lot, but I am happy to start again if it helps others get meal ideas. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Florameow
    Florameow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I'm Flora, I'm 26 years old and I have been vegetarian for the past 3 years and a vegan for the past 4 months. Many times I tried to go vegan but without success and I would love to try harder this time.
    Thank you for all your support :blush:
  • pixelfiz
    pixelfiz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ariel, I'm 20 and from Ontario canada, been vegan 3 years. Trying to eventually eat raw til 4. Let's be friends!
  • tjolear
    tjolear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Teresa. I recently moved to Denver. My husband has been a pretty committed vegan for a couple of years for health reasons. I share meals with him but am not as committed when by myself. Want to turn the corner and fully commit. And get support to keep me on my fitness journey.
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to veganism but not new to MFP. I am here to learn how to eat healthy while being vegan. I am 32, married and have a 6 year old. My husband is super supportive. He was also diagnosed with heart disease last year so his doctor would like to see him go low fat. My stepson (25 yrs old) has been vegan for a few years now. I'm looking forward to meeting new people! :smiley:
  • VeganTankGirl
    VeganTankGirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hiya :smiley: I'm Yasmin, I'm 27 an from rugby, England. IV been veggie since birth and became vegan last June when I finally realised how grim the dairy and egg industries were :cry: I've lost over 4 stone, still got about 5 to go. Just started going to the gym, want to build muscle :smiley: please feel free to add me, I'm pretty easy going :blush: much luv xx
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I've been a vegan for 2 1/2 years. I just finished college and I'm trying to figure out life right now and be a proper adult. Add me!
  • ss24myfitnesspal
    ss24myfitnesspal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am so happy to see so many fellow vegans here! Are most of you doing it for moral reasons or health reasons? Or is it a mixture of both?
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am so happy to see so many fellow vegans here! Are most of you doing it for moral reasons or health reasons? Or is it a mixture of both?

Welcome! For me it's both :) You?
  • LostAngeleno
    LostAngeleno Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was vegan for seventeen years, then started eating dairy once or twice a month at home or more often if I'm traveling internationally. I'm in LA.