Trying to find how to make this work

Options
BeckyW80
BeckyW80 Posts: 3 Member
I have been doing MFP for quite a while with extremely slow progress. I am in law school and spend long hours studying so set myself on sedentary. But now I am either running or working out 4 days a week. I only got 1200 calories a day lid workout calories. Do I eat those or not??? I just changed to lightly active and goal of 1/2 pound a week. Do you think this will help?

Replies

• nmcknny
    nmcknny Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    it sounds like the change you made is more accurate--did they give you more calories? If you log your exercise, they give you back the calories you used and expect that you'll eat them. If you're more active, you'll need the calories :)

I couldn't eat only 1200 calories so I set mine a little higher; right now I'm at 1350 but I'm not very active (trying to get back to walking as the weather improves).
  • BeckyW80
    BeckyW80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It did result in more calories so I am now at 1350. Today I am starting back up on trying. I did not always eat my calories back.
  • rebeccamurphy12979
    Options
    Hey Becky, I always like finding someone with the same name. I usually do eat back some of my calories, especially on days when I m exercising very heavily. I try to never eat back more than half of my exercise cals, and usually manage that goal unless I slip and eat a "bad" thing.
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It may help to determine your basal metabolic rate (BMR), which you can do at Calculator.Net. That is the amount of calories for you to maintain daily living, based on your answers.