C10K, W4, D3

Options
DeeDiddyGee
DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
HAPPY FRIDAY, Woggers!

We've made it through another week. Can you believe that Monday will be February 1st. Time always seems to fly!

This is the last workout for Week 4 -- I think we all survived. That 5-minute final jog killed me on D1 and D2...We'll see if I survive D3 tonight!

I know one thing is for sure -- even though scale is not moving much, I have lost inches...my pants AND my exercise clothes are looser, and that is an accomplishment. Anyone else see some NSVs (non-scale victories)?

Here's your workout for today:

W4, D3

5-minute warm-up (I don't have to remind you to stretch anymore, do I?)

*Jog 3 minutes
*Walk 90 seconds
*Jog 5 minutes
*Walk 2.5 minutes
*Jog 3 minutes
*Walk 90 seconds
*Jog 5 minutes

5-minute cool down. Go have a martini tonight. For fun.

Good luck!

Dee

Replies

• d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    Options
    Little bump in the road. Had minor surgery to correct trigger finger on middle fingers of both hands on Wednesday. Post-op bandages come off Sunday night (see profile pic of one hand) and then I can remove the stitches the following Sunday.

Under no restrictions from Doc so been doing light walking treadmill workouts while in bandages. Yesterday did 15 min, 0.5 mile, 99 cals. Anesthesia hangover finally gone today. Another easy treadmill workout this morning; 30 min, 1.4 miles, 256 cals.

Haven't decided for sure, but thinking of skipping W4D3 to stay on schedule with 10K app and jump into W5D1 on Monday.

"A failure is not always a mistake; it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying." B. F. Skinner
  • Diantha21
    Diantha21 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks d_thomas02...I will not stop trying nice quote :) just trying to get on top ....thanks Dee for your kind words today xx
  • junebb
    junebb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello all- I joined this group for support with c210K, which I started the 1st week of January. Week 4 is really challenging for me, and I need some extra support! I finally got thru wk 4 day 1 today, on the 3rd try. (I couldn't get through the last 5 min of running the first 2 times I tried). I'm glad to see it was difficult for others too! It makes me feel better about myself to know it wasn't just me struggling. I still have 2 more days of week 4 now, hopefully I can get through them and get caught back up.
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here with us @junebb. No worries repeating any challenging day or even week... as many times as it takes.
  • junebb
    Options
    Thank you @d_thomas02 ! I got through wk4 d 2 today! Its getting easier... but I would not call it easy. I think tomorrow will be a rest day then I will do day 3 on tues. So I'm not that far behind. Hope you are recovering okay from your surgery.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Welcome, June!

I read a great quote just now:

"The victory is not found in speed or miles or medals, but in perseverance."

You're doing well.
  • junebb
    Options
    Thank you @orphia ! I got through the D4 this morning, that 5 min run is getting easier. Which is good, because it looks like week 5 is all about the 5 min runs! :)
  • junebb
    Options
    I meant w4 d3, not d4...