I've re-discovered crackers

Options
One of you wonderful folks posted a recipe for cheese crackers - baked deliciousness cut into squares.

I tried this today with cheddar, colby jack & mozz, and sprinkled with salt straight out of the oven. Amazing.

Dab of cream cheese on top of my cheese cracker, and it's the best damn thing I've ever eaten. Thank you, to whomever posted that awesomeness!

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I believe it's been @Knitormiss who talks about these, but I have tried them and find them awesome too!!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I need to try making these. They sound amazing!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I made some "crackers" last week when I left my crust less pizza in the oven too long! Lol
    It wasn't burnt, just over done and I broke it into sections each with 1 pepperoni atop the cheddar mozzarella. Crispy and delicious!
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Where can I find the recipe?
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yes, recipe link please.
  • justbreathesrw28
    justbreathesrw28 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss can we get info to make these?

Thank yiu
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    phxteach wrote: »
    Where can I find the recipe?

Sorry for the delay. Totally not paying attention over here =)

Here's what I did:

Ingredients
    1 small bag shredded cheese of choice
    pinch of salt

Procedure
    1. Preheat oven to 375
    2. dump entire bag of shredded cheese on cookie sheet. Move around into a rectangular shape.
    3. Bake until it looks yummy and cheese is firm. Took me about 30min
    4. Sprinkle with salt immediately after baking.
    5. Cut with a pizza cutter into squares or rectangles immediately after baking.
    6. Let cool before eating.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    CMYKRGB wrote: »
    Yes, recipe link please.

Recipe posted! Sorry to leave you hanging!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    I made some "crackers" last week when I left my crust less pizza in the oven too long! Lol
    It wasn't burnt, just over done and I broke it into sections each with 1 pepperoni atop the cheddar mozzarella. Crispy and delicious!

So, your pizza was just cheese and pepperoni? I love that idea. I bet it was delicious!
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    I recommend baking the cheese on parchment paper! Makes everything easier! Can even cut the cheese on it without piercing the paper.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I made parm crisps last night, dropped Tbsps onto parchment & lightly flattened, 400f for 5-8 min or til golden & crisp.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    I made parm crisps last night, dropped Tbsps onto parchment & lightly flattened, 400f for 5-8 min or til golden & crisp.

That sounds delicious!
  • TheCakeDiva
    TheCakeDiva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've done this in the microwave as well. I've cut cheese into 1" cubes, then place about 5 of them in a circle on parchment paper, microwave for 2 minutes and voila - cheese crisps!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    I've done this in the microwave as well. I've cut cheese into 1" cubes, then place about 5 of them in a circle on parchment paper, microwave for 2 minutes and voila - cheese crisps!

I love that there's a way to do this quickly!

Last time, I simply made enough to last a week (then ate them in 3 days- ha!)
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I loved this recipe: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2014/08/low-carb-rosemary-parmesan-chia-seed-crackers-nut-free.html

I used almond flour instead of the sunflower seeds, and chopped fresh rosemary. Takes a bit more work, but oh they were good. Must make again this weekend....
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    camtosh wrote: »
    I loved this recipe: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2014/08/low-carb-rosemary-parmesan-chia-seed-crackers-nut-free.html

I used almond flour instead of the sunflower seeds, and chopped fresh rosemary. Takes a bit more work, but oh they were good. Must make again this weekend....

These look amazing! I'm all for a bit of work if it's in the kitchen and the results are yummy. I may have to try these this weekend!

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    i made some using mozzarella yesterday to dip in my guacamole, it was delicious, actually way better than tortilla chips
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm so grateful for this post! I was so craving a snack last night and literally had nothing left in the fridge except a tub of shaved Parmesan cheese. I decided to give the cheese crisps thing a chance having read this recently so I spread it on a tray and baked it and they were wonderful! My husband wanted to steal them after I gave him a nibble, but I told him to have his ritz crackers. He said mine were better, I think they were too :smile:
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    They really are better than crackers, imo, @PaleoinScotland! When do you plan to make them again? Just curious, because in my case, once you do you can find a bunch of uses for them! :smiley:
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    They really are better than crackers, imo, @PaleoinScotland! When do you plan to make them again? Just curious, because in my case, once you do you can find a bunch of uses for them! :smiley:

LOL I know @Karlottap these things are going to get me in trouble! That was the last of my parmesan cheese though and I didn't buy anymore this morning. I bought some halloumi instead. I try not to have too much cheese in the house otherwise it ends up on my plate with every meal. But next week, I'm going to get some more parmesan and some pate, which I've been missing!