About to start again. Anyone want to join me?

Options
Riskay123
Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
I started C25k about 8 weeks ago. I got 1 and a half weeks in then broke my toe and had to stop. Went for a few 5 km walks this week with no pain so thinking of kicking of the C25K challenge again. Does anyone want to join me? I think I will do W1R1 tomorrow.

Replies

• Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've been planning on starting it again, too. I guess today is as good as any other day! :smiley: I'm going to use the Zombies, Run! app, though, and have my 10 year old do it with me. It's still an 8 week program that tells you when to walk and when to run, it just has a fun story line behind it. So I'm in...
  • Brans34
    Options
    Ok. I did it. Took a 3 year old with his bike, and 2 10-year olds with me. I was impressed at how easy it was the second time around. I guess I'm not quite as out of shape as I thought! YAY!!! Lol. I was secretly giddy about the fact that I did better than the kids. I had to keep telling them, "Come on, just a little farther! You can make it!" :blush::smiley:
  • Riskay123
    Options
    Wow that is great that you could take your kids. My 10 year old complains of i make him walk from the car park to the shopping centre. I did W1R2 yesterday. Just did an easy 5k walk today.
  • Brans34
    Options
    I was supposed to do week 1, day 3 today, but I think I need new work shoes. My left knee is KILLING me! I'm a teacher, so there's a lot of standing on a concrete floor. Normally it's not bad, but I wore some shoes yesterday that may as well count as socks, and today, my cute lil boots weren't any better. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow. I think we can do 2 days bak to back in this first week without doing much harm. If not, we'll just be a day behind.
    And yes, my 10 year old loves it. It's something for just me and him to do together, and he's looking forward to running the 5K with me in May, too.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Hey I have been thinking of starting again. I'm happy to have some buddies! Day one week one will either be tonight or tomorrow. Hubby is at the gym tonight so if I have time once he is back before dinner I will start :)
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have also been thinking about starting C25K (consistently this time!!)....I want to start tomorrow.....would love to have some "motivation buddies"!! :)
  • Brans34
    Options
    My 10 year old and I got week 1 in the bag tonight! It's a bit chilly out, but I feel GREAT! Y'all can do it!! :smiley:
  • Riskay123
    Options
    Hi everyone glad there are a few more people joining the group. I did W2R1 this morning.I think I found this on easier than week 1but I have come off two rest days so that may be why. Bran how is your knee holding up?
  • Brans34
    Options
    Good, thanks. I'm just about positive that it was the COMPLETLY non padded shoes I wore to work on 2 different days, and standing a lot on concrete floors. I'm one of those weird teachers that does a lot of standing and walking around when I have kids in the class. Lol. I wore my running shoes for a couple of hours (even though I wasn't running) and they started feeling MUCH better almost immediately. I'm just gonna have to go shoe shopping next payday. Oh, darn! :wink:
    My son and I did week2, run1 last night, and it went pretty well. It would have been a LOT better if I wasn't pushing my 3 (nearly 4) year old around the whole time in a jogging stroller. That just makes it so much harder to have a good running form!
    Hope everyone else is doing wonderfully!
  • Brans34
    Options
    mbltpsclpfjy.jpg
    I have the BEST running buddy!!! :smiley:
  • Riskay123
    Options
    Just think of all the extra clories your burning pushing the stroller. I think it's fantastic that your kids go out with you. My 10 year old would hide under the dooner and quiver in fear.
  • appy_chick
    appy_chick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So happy to hear so much sucsess with this program! I have the c25k app and have been wanting to get started using it, but the roads here are still pretty icy. I promise that as soon as I get my tax return I am going to the store and getting a treadmill and running shoes so I can join ya! Keep it up gang!
  • wendi0507
    wendi0507 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started last week I am struggling but determined to get to the end ;).
    Tomorrow morning is Day 1 of week 2
    Good luck everyone xxxx
  • PaulMarsden1
    PaulMarsden1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i would love to start to do more running butat mo so much snow in canada i havebeen jogging the trails so i guess i should do more used to run did a half marathon or 2 but that was in the eighties be interested to start again maybe i should start with say 1 mile then take it from there good luck everyone then next challenge would be to find a local race in the spring ,,
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I just restarted after not running for four months or so... Doing Week 3 and planning to run 5k on March 26th!
  • Brans34
    Options
    Riskay123 wrote: »
    Just think of all the extra clories your burning pushing the stroller. I think it's fantastic that your kids go out with you. My 10 year old would hide under the dooner and quiver in fear.

LOL! My 16 and 17 year olds aren't really into it any more, and my 3 year old isn't much fun to attempt it with. His legs get tired riding his bike, and he gets bored in the stroller. My 10 year old is thrilled to have something to do with me that is just me and him. He keeps talking about how cool it would be if we came in First place. He just has no idea! Lol. I'm really glad he likes it though. I figure I only have a couple more years before he will be done with doing stud with his mommy, too. :smiley:
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Did Wk1D1 last night. I'm training on an elliptical for the 1st 5 weeks and then will hopefully get outside (Iowa). I'm guessing I will have to regress a week or 2 at that point, but that's okay-my (1st!) 5K is the day after my 40th bday on June 11th. I would welcome a couple of people to friend me b/c I thrive with accountability!
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I finished W1 last week. I'm currently using a treadmill due to the weather. When it's nicer, I'll be outside.
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Finishing up Wk1 tonight, starting Wk2 Saturday-what's everyone else's progress?
    I have been avoiding the clock this time around and just doing what the 'English Lady' on my app says and I think it's helping so far. :)
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    Ok. I did it. Took a 3 year old with his bike, and 2 10-year olds with me. I was impressed at how easy it was the second time around. I guess I'm not quite as out of shape as I thought! YAY!!! Lol. I was secretly giddy about the fact that I did better than the kids. I had to keep telling them, "Come on, just a little farther! You can make it!" :blush::smiley:

This is a GREAT IDEA. I am so doing this. Only have one kid, she's 10 and very athletic. She'll love it, we'll get to do something together, we'll both be getting exercise, and maybe she can even bring the dog. :)