Weight training vs weight loss

Options
brian1111
brian1111 Posts: 17 Member
As a 43 year old male, I find it difficult to weight train and loss wight at the same time. Any advice

Replies

• hellynne
    hellynne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There is a book called something like "burn the fat, build the muscle" that talked about this. You have to make sure your activities match your goal. So if you are hard core lifting, that can result in greater nutrient needs and bigger, heavier muscles. When weight loss is the goal, resistance and strength training is important and necessary, but at levels that help move the scale down. I'm working on weight loss and building strength, so I hear ya!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I did very little cardio besides walking last year and almost exclusively did weight training for my weight loss and ended the year 50 lbs lighter! :) 1) I did less weight and more reps; 2) I did supersets (alternating muscle groups without rest, such as 15 reps leg press, followed by 15 reps bench press, and back and forth for 4 sets); 3) Didn't eat back all the calories the app estimated that I burned... usually ate back about 50%. Good luck!