Cookbook go to.

Options
Any favorites? I like having books in my kitchen, and the last two books I bought (Against All Grain and Primal Low Carb) were okay but did not meet my expectations because of how many high reviews they received. Now, for individuals attempting to get away from grains, yes, they're wonderful resources, but some of the amount of food preparation was a bit daunting. Plus, there was a high focus on baked goods and some of the recipes had a large amount of calories per serving. There is one that has caught my eye, Mediterranean Paleo Cooking, but I'm curious if anyone has suggestions. I hope everyone is doing well!

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I don't cook from recipes as I just keep things crazy simple. But on the site www.ruled.me I know you can get a free copy of the pdf cookbook by signing up for emails. It does ask for a donation. But it's available for $0 if you don't want to donate.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I have one that I purchased online (I like to have the book, with pictures too, and some disappoint), its,"Taking out the Carbage aka the big book of bacon" authored by DJ Foodie. It's a huge book (567 pages), but is great! I don't make special dishes very often, but is good when I need ideas! I haven't purchased any others.
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have "The Ketogenic Cookbook" by Jimmy Moore and Maria Emmerich as well as "Taking out the Carbage" - I like both but only for making special dishes or trying something new. Mostly I have a bunch of well worn recipes found online that I keep in a big binder that are in regular rotation at my house.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Also anything by Dana Carpender is usually pretty good too. I'm a fan of DJ Foodie's recipes as well but you can find recipes from most LCHF cookbook author's online for free. There is a huge list of links to LCHF recipe websites in the launchpad / sticky area toward the bottom fwiw.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I use the free version of Evernote to keep online recipes and just look them up on my ipad when I am in the kitchen. I have given up on buying real books and just use epubs and links now. This one has lots of tried and true recipes: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the Food Planner app on my Kindle and use it to gather recipes online and plan my week's grocery list. I keep things simple too, and hubby is kind of a picky eater, so I have just a handful of recipes we use a lot and I'll try something new every once in a while. I just look for what I want online. And when I go grocery shopping I buy the meats that are on sale and then look up recipes when I get home. Sorry I'm no help. :)