Jillian's Progress

Options
PrimalJillian
PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
Yes, my real name is Jillian, and I do appreciate the irony. :wink:

My original start weight was 252lbs in September 2015. I fell off the wagon from Thanksgiving through the new year.

Dietary - LCHF
Exercise - Daily walk @ brisk pace, fitness challenge (15-20 minutes of planks, squats, lunges, etc)
Current weight 230.2lbs.
Current waist measurement 36
Current hip measurement 52
Photos to come...

Replies

• PrimalJillian
    Options
  • leesabella
    leesabella Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Leesa

I started this Journey on January 2nd 2016

Starting Weight: 272.1
    Current Weight: 259.0
    Total weightless: 13.1
    Exercise: 3-5 K walks, Leslie Sansone 1 mile happy walk, other various bootcamps
    Diet: 1,800 cals. Watching macros and all

• PrimalJillian
    Options
    leesabella wrote: »
    Hi, I am Leesa

I started this Journey on January 2nd 2016

Starting Weight: 272.1
    Current Weight: 259.0
    Total weightless: 13.1
    Exercise: 3-5 K walks, Leslie Sansone 1 mile happy walk, other various bootcamps
    Diet: 1,800 cals. Watching macros and all

Hi Leesa! Awesome loss so far! When you get a chance, could you start a thread for your progress? You can keep better tabs on your journey, if it's all in one place. Thanks for joining us!
  • leesabella
    leesabella Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh darn I thought I was doing that lol! I'll go do that haha
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    I didn't even realize how fast measurements can change. So, I'm updating already. The ones I initially posted are from January 24th. I hadn't planned on measuring weekly, but I may now.

Waist - 35.5"
    Hips - 51"
    L. Bicep - 14.5"
    R. Bicep - 14.5"
    L. Thigh - 30.5"
    R. Thigh - 30"

That's another big motivator, that my thighs are almost as big as my waist! I kind of wonder if they were when I only weigh 150ish. Hm...I definitely want to work on my thighs and hips!
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    byoceipxhlsa.jpg

My photo for February

Measurements have only slightly shifted from last week...
    Waist - 35.5"
    Hips - 50.5"
    L. Bicep - 14.5"
    R. Bicep - 14.5"
    L. Thigh - 30"
    R. Thigh - 30"
  • arnottr3
    arnottr3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good job:)
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    I started bodyweight training early this morning. I'm really excited to see where this leads!
    I also got a walk in, about 2.5 miles in the wind and cold. Glad I'm training myself to walk in any weather.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Not much to report today. I'm sore from my strength training yesterday, but I like it. Sore muscles give me a feeling of accomplishment.

I stumbled upon the most delicious healthy version of a decadent coffee drink...

Iced Berry Mocha
    1 cup cold coffee
    1 cup Good Belly Probiotic Juice (either berry flavor)
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    Shake shake enjoy!

• PrimalJillian
    Options
    I've been thinking about goals and noticed that I really only have daily goals of meeting calorie and macro requirements and walking, and my big goals of getting to onederland, then 175, then maybe 150 depending on how I feel at 175. I see people, both here and in the Motivation Journal group I'm in, posting weekly goals. After 5 consistent weeks of focusing quite well on daily goals, I'm ready to look a little furthur out. I realize it's Tuesday, but it's never too late to set goals.

This week, I would like to begin training myself to get up early on my bodyweight training days. I already did yesterday, so I've got tomorrow and Friday to go. Once I can consistently get up before the rest of the house and get that workout in, I'll reevaluate and decide if I want to modify the goal or consider it met.

I also want to explore ways to get more fat into my "liquid" breakfasts. I usually do a protein shake with spicy vegetable juice and/or coconut milk yogurt. I also usually have a morning snack, but today, I was starving before snack time. This is new, and I can only suspect that it could be because I've added strength training. In which case, I better get used to adding more fats in the morning. I had a cup of coffee with coconut oil with breakfast today, but obviously even that didn't help. Time to do some research and experimenting.
  • bellabettysmama
    bellabettysmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Those are great goals! Experimenting is something I always do. Every body is different and responds to different things.
  • JBsJazz
    JBsJazz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good goals Jillian! I know for me that getting my workouts done first thing in the morning works the best on so many levels- less likely to make excuses to not do it, make better food choices cause that was hard work and don't want to blow it now and just starts the day off feeling "accomplished" and energized. Good luck with the am body weight workouts. Stay strong.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    I did get up and do by strength training first thing this morning. Not as early as I would have liked, but I finished before the rest of the house was awake.

I was kind of rushed from breakfast to out the door and didn't have time for anything but my protein shake. I grabbed the coconut peanut butter and a spoon and just ate a serving in the car. Still, I was hungry in about 40 minutes. I ended up getting some natural beef jerky and eating a serving. More and more, I'm thinking this is because of the added strength training. If this is my new normal, I really need to plan better for hungry mornings.

I'm also starting to reconsider the "liquid" breakfasts. The idea behind this is that the digestive system has been at rest all night, so starting the day with at least 300 calories of liquids or soft foods like yogurt, smoothies, juices, or even peanut butter is a more gentle way to wake up digestion. I did this when I was eating 100% raw, and I loved it. I also wasn't doing strength training. I may try having my protein shake before training, and doing a heavier breakfast after.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I did get up and do by strength training first thing this morning. Not as early as I would have liked, but I finished before the rest of the house was awake.

I was kind of rushed from breakfast to out the door and didn't have time for anything but my protein shake. I grabbed the coconut peanut butter and a spoon and just ate a serving in the car. Still, I was hungry in about 40 minutes. I ended up getting some natural beef jerky and eating a serving. More and more, I'm thinking this is because of the added strength training. If this is my new normal, I really need to plan better for hungry mornings.

I'm also starting to reconsider the "liquid" breakfasts. The idea behind this is that the digestive system has been at rest all night, so starting the day with at least 300 calories of liquids or soft foods like yogurt, smoothies, juices, or even peanut butter is a more gentle way to wake up digestion. I did this when I was eating 100% raw, and I loved it. I also wasn't doing strength training. I may try having my protein shake before training, and doing a heavier breakfast after.

I am a big fan of green smoothies for breakfast but I was also not making it to my lunch without getting crazy hungry so I did some research and changed up my smoothie.
    My current recipe has 1 tbs. of hemp seeds and it is making all the difference. I have my smoothie around 8 a.m. and I'm not hungry until around noon. I think the difference is that
    hemp seeds are a complete protein (contain all 9 essential amino acids).
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, highlandshoppa. I had to look into the hemp protein/amino acid profile for the protein powder that I use. It's a blend of 4 proteins; pea, hemp seed, sacha inchi (saviseed), and whole grain brown rice. The amino acids profile has all 9 essentials plus 9 more. I wonder if using straight hemp seeds makes a difference?

One of the things I will try tomorrow morning is chia seed "yogurt." I just need to get the coconut milk. Avocado with nutritional yeast is another. I wish I could be having that this morning, but I ate my last avo last night and haven't gotten to the store yet. I may be stuck with 2TBL of coconut peanut butter again. lol At least it's not a strength training day though. I may have to calculate the nutritional info for my favorite green smoothie recipe. I'm thinking it's going to be too high in carbs for me to want to bother with though, which is why I've been shying away from smoothies in general. Oh how I do miss my non-dairy berry cheesecake smoothies! Maybe I'll figure out the nutritional info for that one too, just because I'm curious. It might actually be high enough in fat and protein to offset the carbs. :smile:

My partner, Jeff, and I started at the local hospital fitness center last night. I was really able to push myself harder on a treadmill than on my usual walks. I strongly dislike the lack of scenery, but seeing my heart rate and being able to adjust my incline and speed to suite my goals is very handy. I'm still concerned about the boredom factor from being indoors, so today I'm going to try out the different types of cardio machines and get an idea how to use them. Then I'll have more confidence to walk in and use whichever one feels most appealing on any give day.

• PrimalJillian
    Options
    My kale smoothie recipse has 251 calories, 1g fat, 4g protein, and 63 carbs....that one's out the window. :disappointed: :
  • itstime2016
    itstime2016 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, highlandshoppa. I had to look into the hemp protein/amino acid profile for the protein powder that I use. It's a blend of 4 proteins; pea, hemp seed, sacha inchi (saviseed), and whole grain brown rice. The amino acids profile has all 9 essentials plus 9 more. I wonder if using straight hemp seeds makes a difference?

One of the things I will try tomorrow morning is chia seed "yogurt." I just need to get the coconut milk. Avocado with nutritional yeast is another. I wish I could be having that this morning, but I ate my last avo last night and haven't gotten to the store yet. I may be stuck with 2TBL of coconut peanut butter again. lol At least it's not a strength training day though. I may have to calculate the nutritional info for my favorite green smoothie recipe. I'm thinking it's going to be too high in carbs for me to want to bother with though, which is why I've been shying away from smoothies in general. Oh how I do miss my non-dairy berry cheesecake smoothies! Maybe I'll figure out the nutritional info for that one too, just because I'm curious. It might actually be high enough in fat and protein to offset the carbs. :smile:

My partner, Jeff, and I started at the local hospital fitness center last night. I was really able to push myself harder on a treadmill than on my usual walks. I strongly dislike the lack of scenery, but seeing my heart rate and being able to adjust my incline and speed to suite my goals is very handy. I'm still concerned about the boredom factor from being indoors, so today I'm going to try out the different types of cardio machines and get an idea how to use them. Then I'll have more confidence to walk in and use whichever one feels most appealing on any give day.

Howdy!

As much as I hate my dreadmill it is a reality for me in the winter. So to save myself from boredom I record a TV program and watch it ONLY when I am on the treadmill. I either watch it on my TV or Tablet.
    That is very helpful to keep me going!
  • arnottr3
    arnottr3 Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You're doing great and I enjoy reading your posts. Don't get discouraged if the weight doesn't change much or go up with weight training for the first bit. I go to fit body boot camp with my mom and her weight went up a pound with weight training. After checking her body/fat mass it had gone down 2.5% so she had replaced fat with muscle. Plus inces changed.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Quick check in to keep my daily journal challenge met.
    Got up early and did bodyweight training before anyone else was up.
    Missed cardio. Busy day. 2 youngest kids home from their dad's...transitional chaos.
    Planning for gym tomorrow morning, or video workout if I miss their very limited Saturday hours.
  • JBsJazz
    JBsJazz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration , Great job Jillian--- You got this!