Jillian's Progress

Options

Replies

• PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Jenny!

I didn't formally exercise today, but I did do a bunch of house cleaning/rearranging that is beyond what I would normallly doing. I feel ok about it, but do wish I would have had a chance to go the gym. They aren't open on Sundays. Next stop; Monday. :grimace:
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Not happy with my lack of progress this week. I've been at a plateau. Doing all (or mostly all) the right things and am still up .2lbs this week. Not a huge gain, but still a gain. Hopefully, the upcoming week will be much better.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    My lowest recent weight was 3 days before our first weigh in here. Since then I've gained about 8 pounds. Probably water, but I've ruled out all of the obvious possible causes. Really trying not to stress about it and just stay the course.

Did bodyweight training yesterday and C25K. Tabata rowing yesterday and today, and an easy 30 minute walk today. I'm hoping things will turn around.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Yesterday;
    30 minutes bodyweight training
    30 minutes C25K
    4 minutes tabata rowing
    stayed under calories, but ate back almost all of my exercise calories, didn't really need to, just wanted to enjoy the food i made for family supper. considering it a day that i over ate.
  • JBsJazz
    JBsJazz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great job Jillian! I recently read an article about eating back exercise calories and this was a good thing to do on days that you do at least 30 minutes of weight training (body wt/ wt lifting). Maybe something to look into because with increased strength/body wt training comes increased appetite and need for protein to repair and build muscle. Have a great day today
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Thanks for the info. That is a really good way to look at it. I think with my last post it wasn't necessarily about having an increased appetite or wanting to intentionally not eat back my exercise calories, but rather that I recognized that I ate more than I needed to because I wasn't hungry for the extra food I justed wanted to eat it anyway.

The last few days have gone well, including tonight and last night out to eat for birthday celebrations. I made informed decisions and didn't screw up my exercise efforts. Yesterday, I went over by only 40 calories, and today I'm under by 214.

Thursday:
    No formal exercise. Danced around house to loud music while doing extra cleaning

Friday:
    30 minutes bodyweight training
    30 mintes C25K
    4 minutes Tabata Rowing

Saturday:
    24 minutes on eliptical
    4 minutes Tabata Rowing
    20 minutes active stretching
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    After the major weight gain I'd experienced over the last 3 weeks, the scale is finally going back down. 4.2 pounds this week, so I'm about halfway back to where I was on February 4th.
    TTOM is coming up, so hopefully I can stay on track through that. I feel confident though after going out to eat 2 nights in a row and continuing to see a loss the next mornings. I will be keeping the last 2 days in mind when I need some self motivation to keep making healthy choices.
  • arnottr3
    arnottr3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    4.2 wow that's awesome :)
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Had a tough week with food, but a few great days with exercise. Walking for 75-90 minutes really works for me. Planning to keep that up at least 4 days a week. Still doing bodyweight training. Slacked a few days on tabata rowing. Getting back on track tomorrow.
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    Funny how we are so critical and hard on ourselves. Sounds like you stayed on track- maybe just took a curve. Great job Jillian. Thanks for inspiring me with the mile challenge and never quitting!!
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Grr. Tweeked my lower back today grabbing something from the fridge. Still debating if my usual walk will help or hurt, but definitely no planks.
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    Owww.....A little heat, a little rest, ibuprofen and all will be well soon!
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    A week later and my back is still touch and go. I'm pretty sure I strained my hip hiker muscle right along the crest of my left hip bone. Moving around feels good and warms it up, but if I do too much core engaging activity (especially before warming up) I'm in for a long day or so. Harvesting has worked, probably because I'm doing a lot of walking and reaching, rather than bending or twisting. I'm looking forward to getting back to strength training as soon as my back will allow it. For now, I'm mostly focusing on calorie intake.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    This past week has not been good for my health or progress. I won't go into great detail, but I've been in a court battle with my abusive ex husband for about a year. We finally had our pre-trial meeting this week to see if we could come to some agreements and avoid trial all together. It went ok, except that my 2 youngest children are being pulled from their elite private school because the attorney in charge of investigating all options had no interest in overcoming her own bias towards public school. I'm devastated and the kids don't understand why they can't stay at their school. This is really hard to cope with, but I'm trying to get back on track. I know it'll help me feel better.
  • emshields1
    emshields1 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear you are going through such turmoil. We are on the backside of that type of custody battle and life is better. I hope it will be the same for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep exercising, it is the one thing in your life you can control and it will help you cope.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. Right now, I can't imagine this being better anytime soon, even though I know it will at some point.
    I was able to get out for a nordic walk yesterday but was totally unmotivated today. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    I'm in a slump lately...going on 2 weeks. Probably depression related, which is something I have to navigate a few times a year. The scale keeps inching up, but I'm taking baby steps to get back on track.
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    You have a lot on your plate! One moment at a time. Remember to be kind to yourself. I "navigate" that territory too.
  • emshields1
    emshields1 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I navigate through those issues also. I have not always been successful at it. During those times a glass of wine seems more interesting than a walk around the block. But I have found that the walk around the block makes a better me for my family. I love Jenny's advice..be kind to yourself. Spend some time taking a break for you...message or get your nails done....follow up with positive self speak...I am sure you are hearing negative speak if you are going through a custody battle. Stop the negative voice in your head...she is the one that gets us into trouble :)
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    Hey Jillian- just want you to know you are being sent good thoughts. I hope you are able to come through this rough patch soon. Take care.