February

Options
ErinKay_RN
ErinKay_RN Posts: 40 Member
So... How did everyone do in January? Did you meet your expectations for the month and what are your goals for this one? What will you do to meet them?

I'm satisfied with January. I changed my eating habits and I'm really happy with that. It's not a diet, I'm just choosing leaner meats, lots of vegetables, and drinking only water. I had my cheat day Saturday and was pleasantly surprised that soda tasted like syrup to me

Replies

• ErinKay_RN
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It didn't post my whole thing! Lol

I lost 12 lbs in January. I had hoped for 15 the first month because much of the weight I had to lose was recently put on and it's always seemed to me weight that I hadn't carried very long seemed to come off quicker. It did seem that my body started to really kick in with weight loss towards the end of the month, though, so maybe my metabolism is rising? Anyways, I'll shoot for 10lbs this month.

I'll also continue with the no added sugar and no flour plan with the addition of honey so I can make granola. I think I'll also'cheat' more often than once a month but on a much smaller scale. Just so if I am craving something that doesn't fit into my plan but isn't necessarily bad for me, I don't feel deprived. I'll continue to stay within my calorie goal, though, even when I'm'cheating.' No plans to add junk food back. My long term goal is to eat this way 90/10 but for now I'm keeping it more strict.

So there's my book, lol. How about you?
  • Dibben9
    Dibben9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with January. Lost about 14 lbs. Need to keep watching what I'm eating (MFP is a massive help) and need to step up the cycling - my first big cycle of the Year is 3 months away - 65 miles round Loch Ness... I'm not in a diet as such, but eating less rubbish - and less during the day. Only fault is probably eating too late at night!
  • SKalltheway
    SKalltheway Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    January was a great month for me. I lost 15 lbs and more importantly (for me) got past the dreaded 3 week stage. That week for me always seemed to trip me up in the past. I think the cause was in 3 weeks there would always be an occasion where healthy eating flew out the window, and that would derail me for a day/week/month. This time - no cheats, no derailing - despite a few nights where there was lots of temptations :-) Hurray for me!

Im hoping for 10lbs this month, so below 200 - and that would be amazing.

Really appreciate having you all to talk/vent to, see your struggles and successes.

I started P90X this morning as well. Chest and Back. It was tough. Tomorrow is plyometrics which Im slightly dreading :-)

Steve
  • SusanLR9
    SusanLR9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You're all doing so well! I lost 6 lbs in January. I'm happy with this because I stopped and reversed a 4 month/20 lb upward trajectory. I'm going to try to lose 10 in February and keep exercising.
  • SKalltheway
    SKalltheway Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself - this is a marathon not a sprint. It is a way of life, not a diet. Susan - you are running in the right direction :-)
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I lost 17lbs in January. Hoping for 10 in Feb. My main goal is to be down 40 before I visit home for my friend's wedding on May 14th.

Slowly increasing my jog intervals. Might have to slow it down in terms of pushing hard with exercise. I really screwed up my knee recently. But, side note, while the elevator was being worked on, I took the stairs to get to my job on the 2nd floor. Even with the elevator working, I keep using the stairs.
  • ErinKay_RN
    Options
    You're all doing so well! I lost 6 lbs in January. I'm happy with this because I stopped and reversed a 4 month/20 lb upward trajectory. I'm going to try to lose 10 in February and keep exercising.

Susan, that's great! I've been telling myself as long as I'm not gaining and I'm feeling better, then I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing. I know what I was doing before didn't work so there's no use in going back, only forward from here. :)
  • Back4Good2016
    Back4Good2016 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 lbs in January and I'm over the moon!
    I do have a lot more to lose though and the weight loss will slow down, but when I'll reach that point, I'll be in the right direction! This month I set myself a target of 10 lbs, if I get there good, if not it's fine as I'm feeling really good at the moment anyway!
    Everyone seems to be doing great!
  • SusanLR9
    SusanLR9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm happy because I just calculated my BMI and I'm finally back in the "normal" range. And I looked at my weekly weight loss since the beginning of the year. Even though there have been daily ups and downs, every single week has shown a 1 lb + weight loss average. A pound a week is healthy, if not exciting, and as you say, Erin, only forward from here!