Replies

• wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. :)
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    That's just wonderful. I know what hard work it is getting healthy. Well, I guess everyone here know that.
    I find out next week how my A1C is. Can't be worse than 14% last July.
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    wdnisbet wrote: »
    A1C tested March 3 was 7.0. Yay. I'm doing my Snoopy dance. It was over 12 last Fall.
    In fact doc lowered my insulin a little bit. Hopefully not too far. I'd love to end up near 6 before too much longer with some more weight loss.
    Way to go!!!! Awesome!!!! That's a great improvement!!!

• JaneKnoll1
    Options
    That's just wonderful. I know what hard work it is getting healthy. Well, I guess everyone here know that.
    I find out next week how my A1C is. Can't be worse than 14% last July.
    I bet it's gonna be improved!!! My doctor checks every 3 months....are you on a 6 month schedule, Judy? Best wishes!!!!
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    It was 3 months, but my doctor just got back from a sabitical (can't spell), then with the pancreatitis, and the psuedo cyst in September, things have kinda slid. I haven't asked what my A1C was since September. But, I have lost 4 1/4 inches on my waist since September. The weight seems to stay the same, or within 3 lbs. It can only be good news on Tuesday.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Had blood work on 3/4/16 and got the results. A1c was 5.9.

I have that proverbials 'dawn' thing going where my blood sugar rises while I sleep so I generally am pretty good with my numbers in the afternoon and evening and then wake up high again. Last night at bedtime my readng was 111 and when I measured after wakig up this morning it was 135. Then, by 11 AM it was back down to 115.

I also get spikes in blood glucose from exercise, which really baffles me.
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I too have sugars readings that can be very volatile. I had some real improvement for a couple of months and a much better A1C and the doc lowered my insulin doses. So, of course, my fingersticks go up. But then today they were lower again. In fact midday was way too low. 57. I just don't know how to explain it.
  • SuperNurse60
    SuperNurse60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm new to this group. I'm 'pre-diabetic' A1C 5.8 and I don't want it to get any higher. Not on medication. I'm finding it so difficult to stay on 1350 calories a day especially if I work out--I'm so hungry! I'm 63 so know it's difficult to get it off post-menopause. Any words of encouragement?? :/
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options
    Hi All, I'm new to this group. I'm 'pre-diabetic' A1C 5.8 and I don't want it to get any higher. Not on medication. I'm finding it so difficult to stay on 1350 calories a day especially if I work out--I'm so hungry! I'm 63 so know it's difficult to get it off post-menopause. Any words of encouragement?? :/
    I am 62 and lost 68 lbs since April....at my goal for a few weeks now.
    Welcome!!!
    If you do exercise you can eat some or all of your calories back!! What I did was ate food with the highest fiber content and also eat steel cut oats for breakfast with some sort of protein. Essentially make your calories count rather than opting for cookies etc go for "real food" but definitely have treats or it will not be realistic. You can do it!!! I eat a huge breakfast and it keeps me going! Less hungry for the rest of the day...I was always afraid to try it but it does work for me.
    There are tons of very helpful people here on MFP that have all sorts of great ideas!!
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    Welcome. You don't say how long you've been following your plan, but it does get easier. Like Jane says, starting with a good breakfast can really make a difference. Empty calories are just that, empty, and after an hour, that's how they make you feel.
    I'm going to be 60 this year and went through menopause at 40. I'm not convinced of the post-menopause statement. I had lost, like Jane, 68 pounds with Weight Watchers. Gained it back, lost it, gained it back. I think yo-yo dieting is the worst thing for a healthy, consistent weight loss.
    Ask questions, check in with good/bad news. We're here for you.
  • diabeticdiva130
    diabeticdiva130 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My A1C is 5.9 this time had drawn two weeks ago was 6.1
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    My A1C is 5.9 this time had drawn two weeks ago was 6.1

Yay! It's going in the right direction!
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Last February my HbA1C was 67 (8.3%), today it is 53 (7%) :):):)
  • judyvalentine512
    Options

Good for you!!!!!

• JaneKnoll1
    Options
    Very well done!!!
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you, hopefully it will keep going in that direction :)
  • shinycrazy
    Options

Woowho!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    5.3 as of yesterday morning, found out today! :happydance:
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    5.3 as of yesterday morning, found out today! :happydance:

Awesome! May the Fourth be with you!
  • wdnisbet